HD eating data.

Qwertyman

2[H]4U
This is a weird situation i'm having. At work we run ancient scsi drives, all seagate's. The problem is when we restart the computer (and do other things) data from a program we run on just deletes. Its a program called dps velocity, a video editing program, when we insert clips into the program it saves it into a timeline and a link is placed on the c: and the actual video will be saved to another drive.

Now everytime we restart more data gets erased. When we edit a clip parts get erased and the video doesn't function anymore. The link is still in the timeline, meaning that it says we have to run this but the video on the other drive isn't there.

It gets worse. If i go into My Computer and look at the drive it says capacity at 60 gigs, 16 gigs free, but the actual folder in the drive is 58gigs?!

Could a drive be down/broken. I also can't run chkdsk which seems as if the drive doesn't exist, yet i can access it.

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

haven't yet opened it to take a lot, but the drive properties show up as 8tb of data, no free space, and then the correct drive size with the amount of data used below it. Something is really off.

Back