Having trouble running my display at 4k/60Hz

nite0

[H]ard|Gawd
Not sure if this belongs in the HTPC subforum or this subforum... 'Displays' seems to be more active though, mods please move if needed.

Just picked up a Sony XBR-75X850C, 4K TV that supports HDMI 2.0. I cannot get it to display a signal from my PC in 4k @ 60Hz 4:4:4. PC is connected as follows:

GTX 960 (HDMI) -> AVR (Denon X4200W) -> Sony XBR-75X850c (HDMI Input 4)

The TV is set to 'enhanced' for this input (EDID shows the ability to receive a 4k 60Hz 4:4:$ signal). 4k @ 30Hz appears to work fine but when I set the refresh rate to 60Hz, the TV just says 'no signal'.

Scratching my head here, everything in the chain should be 4k/60Hz compatible. Is it possibly my cables? I just picked up 6ft cables from AmazonBasics, which I've usually had good luck with.

First thing I would try is taking the AVR out of the chain. Make sure it works direct to the TV first...

First thing I would try is taking the AVR out of the chain. Make sure it works direct to the TV first...

So, per your advice, I took the AVR out of the chain and began testing things. Turns out one of the cables from Amazon was defective. I even specifically ordered these so I woudn't run into this kind of an issue... went back to an old 'high speed' cable that is only HDMI 1.4a rated and it works perfectly.

that AVR supports full 60hz pass through.

What length is the cable? Also are you sure you got a good enough quality cable?

There are issues with keeping 60hz on 4K if the cable is beyond X length or is of lower quality. They will drop down to 30hz if cable can't maintain the data speed needed.

I dont recall the specifics anymore but i thought for DP at least had big issues with cables longer then 6 feet or 10 feet for keep 4K at 60hz. So start by checking your cables and research about cables.

I recommend getting shorter and better cables and that probably will fix your issues.

not subbing PM me if you need anything

that AVR supports full 60hz pass through.

What length is the cable? Also are you sure you got a good enough quality cable?

There are issues with keeping 60hz on 4K if the cable is beyond X length or is of lower quality. They will drop down to 30hz if cable can't maintain the data speed needed.

I dont recall the specifics anymore but i thought for DP at least had big issues with cables longer then 6 feet or 10 feet for keep 4K at 60hz. So start by checking your cables and research about cables.

I recommend getting shorter and better cables and that probably will fix your issues.

not subbing PM me if you need anything

Solved it - per the post above yours. Turns out it was a cable issue.

Solved it - per the post above yours. Turns out it was a cable issue.

+1 for this guy :D Glad you got it to work!

BTW that AVR may add unwanted input lag so keep in mind about having that there while gaming

+1 for this guy :D Glad you got it to work!

BTW that AVR may add unwanted input lag so keep in mind about having that there while gaming
Good advice here! I ended up running my audio to my avr separate. Because I had noticeable lag when I ran video through the avr while gaming.

As I said in the thread, the tv can definitely do 4K/60 444. It was a cable issue. Working perfectly now.

Last edited:
OK
But
In the manuel
https://docs.sony.com/release/specs/XBR75X850C_mksp.pdf
perhaps
Is not the good manuel of your tv?
But
again
In this manuel it say
That can do in 60 hz on 4k?

No hdmi 60 hz?
whatever is not you tv !

Look that is tv an my manuel.
http://media.datatail.com/docs/manual/220266_en.pdf

Is lost my time to fine my real good resolution on my tv !
3840X2160P (8-BIT) avec YCBCR-4:2:0 en 59 hz
live google

Use HDMI 4 and make sure that input is set to "enhanced" in the TV settings.

Back