Have you calibrated your 2001FP?

EvilRonin

n00b
I have the Avia Home Theatre setup disk and used it to set up the brightness, but I guess with a DVI connection, you can't adjust the contrast. Avia also has a hue and saturation adjustment, but those are not present in the OSD.

Is anyone using anything else to calibrate their LCDs?

I never calibrated anything it seemed to be pretty awesome with default settings. However I would also like to know the answer to yoru questions.

I've used the Monitors Direct Calibrator to help adjust my Dell 2001FP. I have also read some other reviews where people adjusted the screen to 50 Red, 50 Green, 52 Blue, while others have used 40 Red, 40 Green, 50 Blue. I have tried both, and can't really tell a difference between the two. Both look outstanding btw.

I used my eyes to calibrate my monitor. Everyones eyesite is different so why would you calibrate it to anything other then what looks good to your own eyes?

Originally posted by Equalizer
I used my eyes to calibrate my monitor. Everyones eyesite is different so why would you calibrate it to anything other then what looks good to your own eyes?

because what looks good to your eye one moment could look totally different depending on many factors, such as the light being on or off, surrounding objects colors and even the color of clothing you're currently wearing. For that reason it's always recommended calibrating a monitor via software or hardware.

but for most people that do not perform any kind of graphic work, adjusting with your vision should be sufficient.

Back