Have there been any firmware updates for the PG32UQX?

I've been enjoying the screen and it has been generally very good, but with one annoying problem: I have to hard power cycle it a couple of times every week in order to get it to change inputs. If I don't, when I try to change inputs, it simply shows the existing input but tells me it changed to the new one. It's a relatively small firmware bug, I guess, but it is a pretty annoying one since it means I have to either keep the power supply somewhere that I can easily reach it or I have to keep it plugged in to an outlet that's on a switch I can easily reach (ie, dedicated wall outlet or a power strip).

Took a quick look on Asus's website and didn't see anything, but I figured I'd check here in case I missed something. Does anyone know if there has been updated firmware issued or a work around posted for this bug?

I don't think there's a way for the user to update the firmware on this monitor. There's a special USB port for that on the PA32UCG, but not the PG32UQX.

Ah, that’s too bad. Seems like a pretty accurate depiction of the monitor industry, sadly. A $3k monitor still gets hobbled with $1 dogshit firmware. Meanwhile, we’re still at least five years away from the next legitimate model update.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Ah, that’s too bad. Seems like a pretty accurate depiction of the monitor industry, sadly. A $3k monitor still gets hobbled with $1 dogshit firmware. Meanwhile, we’re still at least five years away from the next legitimate model update.
Yeah seems like LG cares more about TVs than any of the damn 'gaaammeeerrr' monitor assholes. Sooner TVs take over, the better, as much as I hate the smart BS and apps to disable. If it gets bad enough someone like Zisworks will make kits for the popular ones to turn them into true monitors.

At this rate, I kind of expect Nvidia to enter the fray with their own branded offering. Nvidia needs people to upgrade to 4K in order to continue selling GPUs, and the 4K monitor options have been garbage for years. Plenty have been announced at CES, but almost none of them ever actually ship. Even the PG32UQX, one of a very short list of monitors to ever ship, was announced at CES in Jan 2020 but didn't actually ship until Q2 2021.

Imagine paying $3000 for a monitor that uses virgin mini LED vs chad OLED.

Back