Have my page picked out!

Albanu1800

Limp Gawd
Will purchase in the next 2 weeks unless something new is on the horizon about to come out.

This will be my last purchase of my new build but is there anything on this page that stands out to you guys? Need to overclock, need over 6 SATA ports. Will shell out the dough for the $250.00 board but if it's not a wise buy compared to the others I do prefer cheaper.

Out of this list what may be the better buy?

http://http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007627%20600438203%20600009016%20600008635%20600315497%20600054097&IsNodeId=1&name=8%20x%20SATA%206Gb%2fs

Sabertooth if you want the longer 5 year warranty.
Maximus VI Hero if you want better on-board audio.
MPower if you don't want Asus and want/need Wi-Fi included.

Another vote for the Sabertooth. I had the X58 and currently have the P67 version. Never had a problem.

Thanks for the replies right now im forced to using my smartphone now my P5q pro died on me and my backup machine a c2duo died on me too over the weekend. I have 2 rigs to upgrade now.

I like the Sabertooth but also like the upgraded audio on the Z87 pro. I use Sennheizer headphones for audio on my rig would the audio be that much better if I get the Z87 Pro?

Im not married to any one manufacturer but I read some good things about the Msi Gaming board.

Once again pardon my grammar typing on a Samsung S4.

The Z87 Pro and the Sabertooth appear to share the same ALC1150 chip.

Got the Pro myself. Was debating between the Hero and the Sabertooth but wound up with this one.

It's my hope that the 12 power phases over the 8 of both the Hero and the Sabertooth would have the board last me longer.

Think im gonna go with the hero. I like the idea of 8 Sata ports and better audio plus its priced nice. Might just take that 40 minute trip out to MC.

Don't laugh but I've been out of the loop for a while and I see the Pro board has no DVI inputs and haven't even delved into the realm of display port yet. With these new motherboards it's the first time I'm seeing DVI inputs on them. I know they cannot replace vid cards but how good are the onboard DVI inputs for everyday computing?

Being as I have to do a complete overhaul I will be forced to use onboard video until I upgrade my graphics card cause it seems like all my hardware took a crap on me at the same time.

Just took advantage of a MC weekend special - buy 4670K or 4770K and get $40 off selected motherboards so I went with the 4670K and Z87-Pro final cost for the mb was $149.99. Out the door after tax $370.00 pick up tonight.

Newegg delivered a 4gb stick of ddr3 1600 this morning.

Nice! Great deal on that CPU + MoBo. Let us know what your thoughts are once it up and running.

Got everything installed in my case started it up for the first time all fans run and then everything shuts down. The fans start spinning again and shuts down again. This process repeats repeatedly with no post. Cpu snd Mb purchased this morning from MC.

List of system components:

Haswell 4670k (stock cooloer for now)
Asus z87 pro
Corsair tx750
G skill riojaws 4gb ddr3 1600
Samsung 840 pro 128gb
lg Blu ray writer
Lg blu ray writer
Hitachi deskstar I tb drive
samsung 500gb drive
samsung 320gb drive
Case: lancool pc-k7

I took out the cpu twice and reseated it as well as the memory. Reseated the cou cooler and tried removing the mb from the case same problem. Any thoughts?

Is the MoBo connectoer plugged in firmly from the PSU? Check that and the 4/8 pin plug.

The mb pin connector for the cpu was seated firmly. Took mb out of case everything was disconnected except cpu fan. Only thing thats happening is the red light on the mb comes on and the fan which stops then a few seconds later comes on again.

Switching to a backup 400w ps yields the same results.

The only thing the red light meant was power to the mb along with other functions associated with it. I just got back from MC and exchanged both, will start work on the systen tomorrow.

Back