Have 2 monitors. and a 9500pro. Want to setup these two screens. help.

_Sin_

[H]ard|Gawd
I have tried by myself to get this to work, but I can only get two displays playing the same crap, or one with my desktop just extended to whatever direction i drag the screen to.

I just want to display my winfast tv2000xp card on the 2nd display and keep my regular desktop on my first monitor. I have found that there seems to be a problem with the last few versions of the winfast drivers and 2nd displays (causes system to lockup and crash) but dscaler works, I just need to learn that program (as it looks terrible until I tweak it)

I have also used hydravision with no luck.

Am I not able to run a game on one monitor while keeping the tv playing on the 2nd?

It's probably a stupid noob setting im missing somewhere. This is my first time bothering with dual displays.

You cant play your TV on the 2nd monitor, only the primary, its the way the OS is set up im afraid... most video playback tools won't work on a 2nd monitor either... Something to do with the Video overlay format.

Also, when playing pretty much ANY game, the code interrupts any other video feed, and the game takes precidence, blanking the 2nd screen (or taking both if its able to use multiple monitors), until the game is exited, at which time your 2nd monitor will come back, but the windows you had open at the time may be moved or strangely sized.

Trying to play your TV AND a game at the same time is a REALLY REALLY bad idea... if your system crashes hard enough, you can damage hardware, lose software, or simply corrupt your windows install.

Keep TV and games on the Primary.. Im afraid it's what they are written for, just don't use em at the same time :( Sorry...

This actually has nothing to do with the OS.
It has to do with the video card.
Most cards only support overlay on the primary display. Only Matrox makes cards that will do overlay on more than one display.

This still won't let you game and watch TV at the same time, as the game will take over all display control, but with a P650/750/Parhelia, you can run a hardware overlay on more than one display.

What if you run 2 video cards if you can even do that? I was hoping to do the TV thing to and I have a spare V3 2k PCI laying around.

Still doesnt matter, even with 2 cards. I run a 2 card/4 monitor setup, ATI Radeon 8500 and Matrox 450 PCI. It doesnt change anything.. you still have the same limitation I'm afraid :(. Only the primary monitor

Originally posted by _Sin_
I have tried by myself to get this to work, but I can only get two displays playing the same crap, or one with my desktop just extended to whatever direction i drag the screen to.

I just want to display my winfast tv2000xp card on the 2nd display and keep my regular desktop on my first monitor. I have found that there seems to be a problem with the last few versions of the winfast drivers and 2nd displays (causes system to lockup and crash) but dscaler works, I just need to learn that program (as it looks terrible until I tweak it)

I have also used hydravision with no luck.

Am I not able to run a game on one monitor while keeping the tv playing on the 2nd?

It's probably a stupid noob setting im missing somewhere. This is my first time bothering with dual displays.

You can use Ultramon to play the Winfast tv tuner on the second display. When Winfast starts up in display one, just drag it to the second display. That's how I view my TV, on my second lcd display.

Back