Has Anyone Tried Using The Alienware AW3423DW With Nvidia Dynamic Super Resolution? Can You Still Get At Least 144hz?

Has anyone tried using the Dynamic Super Resolution above 3440 x 1440 on the Alienware AW3423DW? Does it work well and still get at least 144hz? On a Nvidia card.

My main panel was a Samsung QN90B using it for console gaming, monitor use and PC gaming, now I am on a Hisense 55" U8K. I sit on a couch with the keyboard on my lap and a mouse pad on a 2 seater leather couch. I am missing the desk experience with a chair and I don't want anything too crazy or big for my first ultra wide experience so I thought this monitor would be perfect. If I do get it then I will likely use it for playing Planetside 2 and Battlefield 2042, Armored Warfare, any other FPS/Vehicle game. I will likely still primarily use my large TV for browsing the net even if I have this ultrawide.

You should be able to since the output resolution is still 3440x1440, so it looks no different to the monitor firmware. I ran games on my old PG278Q (2560x1440) just fine at 144 Hz while using DSR for 5120x2880.

You should be able to since the output resolution is still 3440x1440, so it looks no different to the monitor firmware. I ran games on my old PG278Q (2560x1440) just fine at 144 Hz while using DSR for 5120x2880.

I thought there would be problems because this monitor doesn't have HDMI 2.1 which is 48gbps , it has Display port 1.4 which is 32gbps. If I wanted to run a higher resolution on Dynamic Super Resolution I was thinking I won't have the option for it to be on 175hz or even 144hz, might be limited to 120hz. I already purchased this monitor but now I am not sure what to do, another affordable ultra wide monitor the MSI MEG 342C uses the same panel as the AW3423DW but it has a HDMI 2.1 port.

. If I wanted to run a higher resolution on Dynamic Super Resolution
It is not an actual higher resolution for the monitor, it is an internal high res that is then downsized to your output resolution, the monitor does not know that it happened.

It is not an actual higher resolution for the monitor, it is an internal high res that is then downsized to your output resolution, the monitor does not know that it happened.
On my Hisense U8K TV it can do 4k 144hz but when I try a Dynamic Super Resolution it is limited to 120hz and it is HDMI 2.1, I don't know if that is a TV issue or an actual bandwidth issue so I was thinking I might encounter the same problem with the Alienware which is why I was thinking of getting the MSI MEG 342C instead.

AW3423DW user here, no problem running it. My GPU can't "Run" it as high as I want though lol =P

The only limitation I see is you need to adjust Refresh rate in the Nvidia Control Panel vs Windows Advanced panel settings.

1708118065020.png

DSR doesn't change the actual output resolution being sent over DisplayPort/HDMI to the monitor, so the bandwidth requirement and therefore available refresh rate would be unchanged.

Back