HardOCP Rate Video Card RMA Service

I think Hardocp should do a review on Manufacturers warranty's if possible.
XFX had been hell for me and they offer a great sounding double lifetime warranty. The video card in question had a failing fan, took 4 weeks to repair. It came back with another fan which broke a week after. The card being an 8600 gt was not worth shipping to send out again for repair. Email took weeks for response. Many manufacturers make great promises very few deliver on their warranty.

Not trying to derail your point, but there are instances where not everyone has a good RMA. One bad RMA doesn't make X company awful (Unless it is Sapphire). I have heard mostly good stuff about XFX.

I guess I'm the lucky one, I've never had a bad RMA experience in my life.
Although I've only had a few hardware failures.

EVGA, ASUS, and Diamond RMA's.
All went flawlessly... EVGA also loves to upgrade your video card for you. How thoughtful.

Yea I bought from them under recommendation, the email response time was what annoyed me the most. Most businesses should respond within 48 hours, not after 5 days.

I believe that would be a good benchmark, how fast they respond. The second time requesting a repair we got no response. On December 20th my brother sent an email, still no response. The video card has already been replaced with an ASUS 9800 Gtx.

my XFX rma was reasonably fast considering I did it over xmas and newyears (card was only a bit flakey so not urgent, and I was mostly not home during the period). OTOH the 8500 they gave me in exchange for the 6800 was a bit of a downgrade, and they completely ignored the complaint I made via their support page before closing the ticket out.

I never RMAed a card to any of the other vendors for comparison though.

Back