Hard Drive Replacement Help Needed!

JediK

Limp Gawd
Help!

2hmE6R2KhgjdIKPE.large

I do not have philips screws here they are a small star and I don't know what tool to use to get them out. Any ideas?

You have to get a screwdriver with a star head, you can find them in screwdriver sets with replaceable heads.

I finally found a flat head that worked..lol.. Thanks guys. I now have my Seagate 7200.3 320gb installed. w000t!!!

only if you broke something while doing it, and even then only on the part you broke.

only if you broke something while doing it, and even then only on the part you broke.

Bad Ass I really think I need to upgrade the HDD in mine... it is only a 160 and I would love to be able to store more music/video, and have more available for video editing. Thanks for the answer.

Bad Ass I really think I need to upgrade my HDD in mine... it is only a 160 and I would love to be able to store more music/video and have more available for video editing. Thanks for the answer.

That's the answer for every warranty question ever based on U.S. Law.

Good to know, for some reason some of my friends were telling me otherwise about how Apple won't let you do anything.

Good to know, for some reason some of my friends were telling me otherwise about how Apple wont let you do anything.

That might be what they say, but they can't enforce it...

I had a Core Duo BlackBook that I swapped the thermal paste on, upgraded it to 802.11n, 2GB DDR2 and a 160GB HDD (up from 80).

That got warranty replaced for a Core 2 Duo Penryn BlackBook, which also got replaced for a new Aluminum top of the line MacBook, then I traded that and some cash to a guy for this base model new MBP.

I've been all over Apple's warranty spectrum with my laptops and not had a problem getting work done yet, this was all through the phone service and AppleCare stuff though, my girlfriends laptop got totally ruined from warranty work done at the store and they replaced her laptop after I sent angry letters to steve jobs about it...

Yeah... the store owner wasn't at all happy with what he saw when I showed him before and after pictures from his repair team.

That might be what they say, but they can't enforce it...

I had a Core Duo BlackBook that I swapped the thermal paste on, upgraded it to 802.11n, 2GB DDR2 and a 160GB HDD (up from 80).

That got warranty replaced for a Core 2 Duo Penryn BlackBook, which also got replaced for a new Aluminum top of the line MacBook, then I traded that and some cash to a guy for this base model new MBP.

I've been all over Apple's warranty spectrum with my laptops and not had a problem getting work done yet, this was all through the phone service and AppleCare stuff though, my girlfriends laptop got totally ruined from warranty work done at the store and they replaced her laptop after I sent angry letters to steve jobs about it...

Yeah... the store owner wasn't at all happy with what he saw when I showed him before and after pictures from his repair team.

How long did it take to hear from Steve Job's team?

How long did it take to hear from Steve Job's team?

2 hours after I sent the email I was getting a phone call from the owner of the store in question, and he replaced both her laptop and my laptop with brand new top end aluminum macbook's.

Eh, they owed it to us after 3 weeks of going back and forth with their repair/geniuses and getting nothing but terrible service.

Yeah I agree with that. My experience with the Apple's service has been hit and miss. One time I was 5 minutes late and they made me reschedule for an hour later... kind of lame because all they had to do was swap my phone.

Back