HaptX Unveils the HaptX Gloves Development Kit for VR Training and Design

cageymaru

Fully [H]
HaptX Inc has finally unveiled their HaptX Gloves Development Kit that features touch feedback and natural interactions in VR for the first time. The kit contains 2 gloves which feature 130 tactile actuators per glove to provides realistic touch across the hand and fingertips. The gloves also have powerful force feedback and motion tracking with sub-millimeter precision. Unreal 4 and Unity are already integrated into the HaptX SDK so content creation or upgrades to existing VR content are easy to integrate. Here is some early coverage of the HaptX system and an interview with the developers.

"With HaptX Gloves, leading automotive and aerospace companies can touch and interact with their vehicles before they are built, radically reducing time and cost for design iterations," said Jake Rubin, Founder and CEO of HaptX. "Industrial and government organizations can deploy virtual training solutions that build real muscle memory, providing a safe, cost-effective, and flexible alternative to live training."

Ready Player One...now where's that Oasis?
More like VR Kanojo and other similar games just got a whole lot more interesting when you go smacking titties around. No only is there visual titty physics (regardless of how laughable it is), there's also feedback to touching them! All they need is a VR enabled fleshlight type of "tool" and productivity will drop dramatically around the world.

More like VR Kanojo and other similar games just got a whole lot more interesting when you go smacking titties around. No only is there visual titty physics (regardless of how laughable it is), there's also feedback to touching them! All they need is a VR enabled fleshlight type of "tool" and productivity will drop dramatically around the world.

And here I thought getting caught with a magazine was terrible

And here I thought getting caught with a magazine was terrible
No kidding, you better lock that door and close those curtains if you're going to "strap in" because with all your senses blocked off to the outside last thing you want is your mom coming down to the basement to do laundry and sees you in "your apartment" naked with a VR goggles/gloves and a penis device :D

jm-35-copyshop-z-animated.gif

almost there...

ok, it looks neat.. but HOLY HELL.. the box your tied too.. look at the 45 sec mark. a 2ft x 2ft box with like 4 ft cables. this isnt for general use as your movement is REALLY limited. and the gloves look heavy with those jumbo ass cables hanging

but.. its early.. when they get them to work wirelessly.. i'll get a pair

and i just got my vive pro wirelessly setup

LOL

Back