Hand Oil...

zandor

Supreme [H]ardness
Just be glad it's plastic & not "titanium" paint. My boss at work had a powerbook G4... all the paint rubbed off of it where his hands rested on it. So much for Macs being stylish. His was damned ugly. Then he got caught in a rainstorm and umm... oops. Now he's got a new PowerBook.

Originally posted by zandor
Just be glad it's plastic & not "titanium" paint. My boss at work had a powerbook G4... all the paint rubbed off of it where his hands rested on it. So much for Macs being stylish. His was damned ugly. Then he got caught in a rainstorm and umm... oops. Now he's got a new PowerBook.

Ouch that sucks.

is there a way to clean off this oil?

I've had my MSFT IExplorer Mouse for about 4-5 years with lots of usage and not at certain spots it has litterally turned brown.

DO NOT GET RUBBING ALCOHOL ON THE LCD SCREEN!

go to the local puter store and get yourself a can of electronics cleaner.... the non static kind... and a package of electronics wipes made out of 100% cotton w/ no lint residue.... clean to your harts content.

at work we use some powerfull stuff that says it'll kill the virus that causes aids....heh.... powerfull!

Meh, HIV is weak outside the body. Common cleaners like bleach will kill it. Unfortunately, you can't really infect bleach into someone who is HIV+. Yeah, doctors can kill the HIV, but the problem is getting the person to stay living during/after the procedure.

I may be nuts... but hows about a tiny tiny dab of dish soap? That stuff is made to cut through grease and oil. Maybe baking soda to try and absorb some of the top stuff?

Back