pretty big difference with RT enabled...looking good!...Valve should have done this themselves

Release date?
From the link in the OP:

"Half-Life 2 RTX: An RTX Remix Project is early in development and is a community effort looking to galvanize talented modders and artists everywhere. If you are interested in joining the project, and have significant experience with creating mods or 3D art, we encourage you to apply via the Half-Life 2 RTX: An RTX Remix Project website."

So I would say it's going to be a while.

Project website referenced in quote: https://www.hl2rtx.com/

Don't think they care to. Most people would rather they work on making HL3.

I don't think they care to do that either. Too busy figuring out where to put the new pile of Steam money in their mansion already made of Steam money. All they do besides that is try to invent some new 'As Seen on TV' type crap just to get you to buy more Steam games.

Let's go Left 4 Dead RTX remix 🤞

Could be cherry-picking a scene, but seem to have a lot of work going in it if the tech did not evolve.

Often those project look different, but because they change what you are supposed to see or not see it is not obvious if it is for the better, seem to have kept the original intention in place with the "natural" lighting

I don't think they care to do that either. Too busy figuring out where to put the new pile of Steam money in their mansion already made of Steam money. All they do besides that is try to invent some new 'As Seen on TV' type crap just to get you to buy more Steam games.

Let's go Left 4 Dead RTX remix 🤞
Yeah if they don't have any motivation there's no point. Last thing we need is another mediocre game.

Yeah if they don't have any motivation there's no point. Last thing we need is another mediocre game.
This is my favorite thing about valve. If they don't think it's top tier they don't bother.
Steam box and controller aside. But those were projects designed to insulate them from Microsoft

Don't think they care to. Most people would rather they work on making HL3.
And mostly lack of ROI is the issue. Valve displacing development horsepower on existing projects to merely help Nvidia push RTX on an old title the whole Steam userbase already owns would be lighting money on fire. Proliferation of RTX also has no direct benefit to them.

Nvidia understanding this gap is the reason RTX Remix was created. Shifting retrofitting work to the enthusiast community, with a tool designed for user friendliness (meaning doesn't require low level game dev knowledge nor years of experience). Crowdsourcing free labor basically.

I don't see a downside though: free visual upgrades for owners of old games, enthusiasts get whatever satisfaction that motivates them and maybe material for the resume', and Nvidia grows incentive for sales of their hardware - which they need right now because they have almost no marketshare.

Last edited:
Valve displacing development horsepower on existing projects to merely help Nvidia push RTX on an old title the whole Steam userbase already owns would be lighting money on fire. Proliferation of RTX also has no direct benefit to them

what are those developers currently working on?...updating Steam?

what are those Valve developers currently working on?...updating Steam?
jim-halpert-puts-back-seat.gif

Last edited:
Maybe they'll make a TV dinner tray that you can buy and play Steam games from

Back