Half Life 2 Purchase Advice Wanted

qdemn7

Supreme [H]ardness
OK I've already got the original Half Life Platinum Edition Boxed Game, and I want to get HL2. I want some honest input from you guys that have already bought the game.

I can go one of three ways.

(1) I can get the CD based version for $52 (including tax),

(2) The DVD Collectors version for $83 (including tax), or

(3) The Steam Platinum Version for the $90 plus tax and delivery.

I've got a 4800/505 Broadband connection, so the D/L time isn't an issue. What do you recommend?

The steam version, I got my gold stuff in a few weeks and I love the stuff. Plus you don't need to use the CD's/DVD's while playing the game if you use the steam version. Wasn't a bad deal.

Overall, the steam version is the best buy, because it includes all of valve's previous games. The retail packages don't have anything other than CSS and HL2 and maybe HLS.

mr tanooki said:
it hasnt even been that long you tard
woah there. he got his stuff a few weeks after he payed for the steam version, which was available a few weeks before hl2 came out. i got gold also and i got my stuff in the mail a few weeks after i bought it, but it was the weekend before hl2 came out.

mr tanooki said:
it hasnt even been that long you tard

valve sent out the gold packages before the game was released, check halflife2.net forums there are threads about people receiving their gold package via fedex, and those threads predate hl2's rls. and theres no need to call someone a tard, especially when you're the one mistaken.

How is the stuff that valve sent out? Worth it more than the collector's stuff that was given? We got a shirt and a prima book with collector's i dont know how good gold was.

go the Steam route ..that way you dont have to worry about having the cd or dvd in to play

There's always ways around having to put the cd in every time.... i fixed it already so no worries.

Back