Hackers Block Access to WordPress Blogs

HardOCP News

[H] News
Can’t get your blog on? Blame hackers!

Matt Mullenweg, spokesman for Automattic, confirmed that the service experienced a DoS attack with spikes of up to 6 gigabits of incoming traffic, which was making some blogs inaccessible for about five to 15 minutes on Tuesday. Though service had mostly been restored, Automattic, which maintains WordPress.com, was still working on returning service to normal levels on Tuesday afternoon, he said.

6gigs of traffic? Sheesh, should have hosted with us ;)

I'm wondering what was the whole reasoning behind the attacks? A blog is pretty boring to read, let alone attack.

hmm I'd glad about this. You know why? because every single time a story from wordpress gets posted to digg, the wordpress servers can't handle it.

Wordpress = POS

They also had an article linked on FARK today, basically they can't handle ANY traffic

6 gigabits = about 750MB. Sure they don't mean gigabytes? If not that's a truly crap hosting service (not that it isn't anyway!)

I wonder if some nerd got really upset when his master plan to teach those Word Press noobs a lesson only worked for 5-15 minutes....

Back