H60 at Fry's

FearTheCow

Supreme [H]ardness
I just picked up the H60 for $59.99 at Fry's. It looks like it is the regular price and not a sale. If this is known or already been posted please delete this post.

Last edited:
Minor thread crash

At Directron we just put the H60 on sale for 72 hours to $61.99 - We're willing to match $59.99 til Saturday via coupon hardmatch ($2 off) -- So there's an option if you don't have a fry's

Fry's is probably our biggest local competition B&M wise in Houston.

Last edited:
I was just gonna say I got mine from Directron a couple weeks ago for $61.99.

I just saw that they had the price pegged at $72 in the review and figured $60 is an awesome price for it.

guys for the same price pick it up at Directron they are a sponser.

Curses to all you near a Fry's.
Fry's never was really convenient for me, 40 minutes one way to get there, however that has probably saved me a TON of money over the years. But with gas as much as it is now that probably adds $8-10 to the price of anything there. At that point I might as well buy from newegg or amazon pay tax and/or shipping.

Fry's never was really convenient for me, 40 minutes one way to get there, however that has probably saved me a TON of money over the years. But with gas as much as it is now that probably adds $8-10 to the price of anything there. At that point I might as well buy from newegg or amazon pay tax and/or shipping.

Living in California, there's always at least one nearby. Hell, in San Jose alone there's like 5 of the damn things.

MicroCenter on the other hand...there's two in the entire state. One in San Jose (yes, the same city with 5 Fry's Electronics) and another near Irvine.

I live near TigerDirect/Compusa, Fry's and Microcenter. All I need now is for Newegg to open a location here :D

I live near TigerDirect/Compusa, Fry's and Microcenter. All I need now is for Newegg to open a location here :D

Not to get too far off topic but in Chicago the TigerDirect and Microcenter are walking distance from each other, too bad the Fry's is a drive out the burbs which is a giant pita.

I'll have to look into the Directon deal, thanks.

Living in California, there's always at least one nearby. Hell, in San Jose alone there's like 5 of the damn things.

MicroCenter on the other hand...there's two in the entire state. One in San Jose (yes, the same city with 5 Fry's Electronics) and another near Irvine.

i live in central california (literally almost as central as possible) in modesto, the nearest frys is like an hour to an hour and a half away :/ definitely cheaper to buy most stuff online

Well, well. Visiting family in Oregon soon, driving right by Wilsonville where Frys lies a stone's throw from I-5. No tax in Oregon, too! With a tremendous amount of luck, maybe Llano will get released during that period...

I live in California.. specifically San Francisco, so San Jose isn't "near by" as I stated, 40 minutes one way, so unless it's a super deal (or a really absolutely need something now), it's NewEgg/Amazon.

I live in California.. specifically San Francisco, so San Jose isn't "near by" as I stated, 40 minutes one way, so unless it's a super deal (or a really absolutely need something now), it's NewEgg/Amazon.

You never said you lived in California. You just said the nearest Fry's was 40 minutes away and that it's saved you a ton of money over the years. I was just making a comment, not attacking you or saying you absolutely should shop at Fry's all the time. They do have some good deals, but yeah, overall shopping on Newegg (and especially Amazon...no sales tax!) will save you a lot more money. It blows my mind how much I spend on sales tax sometimes when buying computer components. I have hundreds of dollars left over in some cases.

You never said you lived in California. You just said the nearest Fry's was 40 minutes away and that it's saved you a ton of money over the years. I was just making a comment, not attacking you or saying you absolutely should shop at Fry's all the time. They do have some good deals, but yeah, overall shopping on Newegg (and especially Amazon...no sales tax!) will save you a lot more money. It blows my mind how much I spend on sales tax sometimes when buying computer components. I have hundreds of dollars left over in some cases.

Well his username is sfsuphysics...

I live 2 minutes from SFSU :)

Anyway, for other Bay Arean's, Central Computers has H60's on sale every so often for the same price. I got one 2 weeks ago.

Back