[H] Steam Group (Team Fortress 2)

calebb

[H]F Junkie
Send me a friend invite (calebb in Steam) and I'll invite you to the group!

It didn't look like anyone had picked up the [H] group tag or [H]ard|OCP for a group name, so I created one.

I'm thinking it'll be a cool way to find the [H]'ers and join their team instead of always playing in pick-up groups. Plus we can challenge Arstechnica if we get enough players!

Comments/Flames?

(and, in case you never played TFC, here's what 2fort used to look like o_O)

I can also invite, to add me use "[H] Princess_Frosty" and just ask for an invite and I will sort you out :)

*edit*

I've moved to the original hardforum group now and can invite if need be.

I think there is one already, Northbridge is one of the admins. (Although, no one is in the room everytime I play at least) :eek:

I'll send you an invite though, I wouldn't mind going heads up with ARS

How does one change their name within this game? I didnt see an option for this in the options menu.....Did I overlook it?

Its in the multiplayer options menu. You can also open the console and type "name mynamehere" without the quotes.

Its in the multiplayer options menu. You can also open the console and type "name mynamehere" without the quotes.

Thanks for the info.....

Out of curiousity....exactly what do you mean by "console"? Im unfamiliar with this term meaning anything other than a "console box" like Xbox..... Do you mean the root file itself or?????

lol and people say the demoman is overpowered now :p

And wtf is with the other movies to watch having bj's and such as the titles :eek:? lol

Send me an invite on draconb if ya can, should be playing tonight for a while :)

Thanks for the info.....

Out of curiousity....exactly what do you mean by "console"? Im unfamiliar with this term meaning anything other than a "console box" like Xbox..... Do you mean the root file itself or?????

You have to set it in the options screen to allow the console, can't remember exactly where it is but maybe check advanced settings or something... but then hit ~ (key next to 1, above Tab) and type it in.

So there is now to [H] groups in Steam ?? Isn't that ridiculous? If you didn't see a [H] group, at least ask someone around here or read the official tf2 thread where its mentioned a bunch of times. You probably were searching for public groups, and so far the [H] group is invite only...

Please tell me you are all joining the same one, because its so nice to be able to instantly join a game with another [H] member. :)

Edit: Well I'm in the [H] steam group with 42 members... I see another one with 6 members... is there some rivalry between members? :p

yep 2 now, "Hardforum" and "[H]ard|OCP". I think the first one is much easier to search for ;)

So there is now to [H] groups in Steam ?? Isn't that ridiculous? If you didn't see a [H] group, at least ask someone around here or read the official tf2 thread where its mentioned a bunch of times. You probably were searching for public groups, and so far the [H] group is invite only...

Please tell me you are all joining the same one, because its so nice to be able to instantly join a game with another [H] member. :)

I'm still waiting to make it public :(

Valve needs to get off their ass and finish adding the features they promised when community was first released.

invite Blakestr

I especially enjoy using unorthodox tactics with another person, (infiltrating with three spies, odd sentry gun placement, etc)

Hey guys.....

I looked ALL thru ALL the options....advanced also....I still see no option to change name.....

Im still not understanding what you guys are talkin bout when you say "console". Could someone please explain in common terms, LOL. Sorry, I just dont get this "console" term your talkin about.....

When you say its in options, do you mean the options for the TF2 game itself? Cause as I said...Ive gone all thru there, each and every tab and the advanced tabs....Im not seeing this option....

Thx...

Hey guys.....

I looked ALL thru ALL the options....advanced also....I still see no option to change name.....

Im still not understanding what you guys are talkin bout when you say "console". Could someone please explain in common terms, LOL. Sorry, I just dont get this "console" term your talkin about.....

When you say its in options, do you mean the options for the TF2 game itself? Cause as I said...Ive gone all thru there, each and every tab and the advanced tabs....Im not seeing this option....

Thx...

Heheh, there is an option that allows you to use the console in the settings...

To enable the Half Life 2 console, you will first need to go into the in-game options, and under the Keyboard tab, click the Advanced button and tick the 'Enable developer mode (console)' option (see the Keyboard option under the In-Game Settings section above). Now you can open and close the console at any time by pressing the '~' key (the key under ESC). The Half Life 2 Console is a window into the game's Source engine. It allows you to see a range of information about the game and you can use it to change the way the engine behaves.

http://www.tweakguides.com/HL2_7.html

So do that, then hit ~ and type in the command... the console window looks like this:
http://www.valve-erc.com/srcsdk/console/developer_console_01.gif

The console is an in game tool used to enter commands.

To enable its use goto options, then keyboard, then advanced, and tick enable console.

Then use the tilde key to drop down the console and there you can enter the commands.

Cant find that steam name :/

Is there an easier way to send invites without adding to friends list then right click > invite?

thx for the add!

i'm on there as "BigChiefSmokem" and i play mostly on East coast servers

ty for the add... confused as to the 2.... I'm guessing the larger group should be our main one?

Any room for TypeO? :) I haven't had this much fun in a game for quite some time. Off to play.

Btw, use the steam community tab to search/add players, I noticed it works a lot better than the Friends -> Add Friend button.

i'd like an invite even though i dont have TF2 quite yet. same name as forum name.

I will do a bunch of invite when I get home in a few hours, if anyone still needs one by then.

Back