[H]otDeal for X-Box owners without Live

LiquidX

2[H]4U
Came across this deal which I think those with an X-Box and was thinking about gettting Live would be interested in. At bestbuy.com...you buy a X-Box Live Starter Kit Version 3.0 (headset, full version of MechAssault and 1year live subscription in one) for $62 which is down from $70 and you get $20 off any live enabled game.

I just picked up the Live set and Project Gothom Racing 2 for $16. $86-Total thats the lowest price anywhere on the net I have seen for both Items.

Live Set!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1059574087300&skuId=5872264&type=product

Games!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...itionName=target&promotionId=promo13100050011

There is also a 2 month free trial for Live in the Feb '04 Official Xbox Magazine.

good deal on a new game, plus the sale on the live starter kit.

It could get better heres how
if you buy prince of persia at EB you get splinter cell free
so If you got:
xbox live for $62
prince of persia $49
splinter cell free
special discount $20
=========
$91
for xbox live kit and two games not too bad
versus splinter cell would normally be at least (used) 17.00 there

I wish deals were combineable

Originally posted by onaclov2000
It could get better heres how
if you buy prince of persia at EB you get splinter cell free
so If you got:
xbox live for $62
prince of persia $49
splinter cell free
special discount $20
=========
$91
for xbox live kit and two games not too bad
versus splinter cell would normally be at least (used) 17.00 there

I wish deals were combineable

Actually, that bundles so sold together, both games in one package, so in theory you COULD use the deal to get splinter cell/PoP(it's live enabled) using the discount.

Originally posted by budaben
Sorry to crap on your thread but here is a better deal. Xbox live alternative for free.

http://www.xbconnect.com/

Sorry bud, but xbconnect.com is shit. It's laggy trash, and you can't find many games. It's worth paying for live, hell the headset alone is $30, and for the normal $70 you get a headset, year of service, and mechassault.

Wish I had highspeed, can't get it here, or I would be all over this. I even have three 2month free trials just sitting here.:rolleyes: I know they are not combinable(the free trials), but I would still be all over that if I could.

Originally posted by Dark_Eternal
Sorry bud, but xbconnect.com is shit. It's laggy trash, and you can't find many games. It's worth paying for live, hell the headset alone is $30, and for the normal $70 you get a headset, year of service, and mechassault.

When you buy it for $70, you get a year of Live? How much does Live cost?

Originally posted by flypaper
When you buy it for $70, you get a year of Live? How much does Live cost?
He mentioned a starter kit. That includes a game (MechAssault), the headset and a 1 year subscription for Xbox Live. The renewals aren't as great of a bargain ($50 mentioned just above).

Toys R Us had the starter kit v3 (MechAssault, headset, 1 year live) for $39.99 online late last year. Target had the MS Wireless-G for Xbox for $79.99 and there was a combined rebate for $40 (Xbox Live + Wireless-G) that I just received yesterday. $80AR (+ shipping/tax) for a MS 54Mbps wireless bridge and the Xbox starter kit was awesome.

Back