[H]ot? Gateway P-7805u Gaming Laptop for $849.99

tungt88

2[H]4U
The Link

Not as good a deal as the ones earlier this year, but not too shabby either. Note: this is a refurbished laptop.

Name: Gateway P-7805u
Screen Size: 17 inches
Resolution: 1440x900
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo, P8400, 2.26 GHz
GPU: Nvidia 9800M GTS, 1GB
Memory: 4GB DDR3, PC-8500
Hard Drive: 320GB, 7200 RPM
Video Interface: HDMI, VGA (D-Sub)
Optical Drive: DVD-RW
Media Reader: 5-in-1
Audio: Integrated HD Audio
Microphone: Integrated
Webcam: Integrated
Internet Connection Types: Modem, Wireless, LAN

The Link

Not as good a deal as the ones earlier this year, but not too shabby either. Note: this is a refurbished laptop.

Name: Gateway P-7805u
Screen Size: 17 inches
Resolution: 1440x900
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo, P8400, 2.26 GHz
GPU: Nvidia 9800M GTS, 1GB
Memory: 4GB DDR3, PC-8500
Hard Drive: 320GB, 7200 RPM
Video Interface: HDMI, VGA (D-Sub)
Optical Drive: DVD-RW
Media Reader: 5-in-1
Audio: Integrated HD Audio
Microphone: Integrated
Webcam: Integrated
Internet Connection Types: Modem, Wireless, LAN

Yes, great deal. Even at 1440x900 it's a great gaming laptop. At the lower resolution to get the most out of the GPU, you'll need to either replace the CPU with a faster one, or downlload setfsb and OC.

Is Acer killing Gateway off? I haven't seen anything new from them in months and it seems resellers are discounting their stock. That would be a damn shame...

I bought this when it was 749.99$ Not too shabby. But I have returned it twice already. Third one seems to be working great so far.

I bought this when it was 749.99$ Not too shabby. But I have returned it twice already. Third one seems to be working great so far.

When you returned it, was it within the 90 days, or did you buy an extended warranty?

Yes, great deal. Even at 1440x900 it's a great gaming laptop. At the lower resolution to get the most out of the GPU, you'll need to either replace the CPU with a faster one, or downlload setfsb and OC.

Is Acer killing Gateway off? I haven't seen anything new from them in months and it seems resellers are discounting their stock. That would be a damn shame...

I don't think that SetFSB works with the Gateway FX P-78XX series. Only Extreme Edition processors can be overclocked on this laptop.

Most people expect a new Gateway FX laptop to be coming out soon. I got my refurb for $700 last month and these laptops sold for $1050 brand new at Best Buy at one point.

It's not a bad deal at all, but I've seen them cheaper. Hell, you can often find similar Gateway lappies on ebay for ~$700.

I don't think that SetFSB works with the Gateway FX P-78XX series. Only Extreme Edition processors can be overclocked on this laptop.

Most people expect a new Gateway FX laptop to be coming out soon. I got my refurb for $700 last month and these laptops sold for $1050 brand new at Best Buy at one point.

I wonder if the new model with have one of the new 200m series cards... The GTX 260m should be faster than the current 9800m GTX which would be a nice bump in performance.

Back