H.A.W.X. for PC (I)

It's tempting. Usually if there aren't 2 games I want I can resist. Since the shipping stays pretty much the same. Even though here it's not like $3 is 50% or 33% of the purchase price, I'm sticking to this scheme!

It's tempting. Usually if there aren't 2 games I want I can resist. Since the shipping stays pretty much the same. Even though here it's not like $3 is 50% or 33% of the purchase price, I'm sticking to this scheme!

Yeah, that's pretty much my strategy or thinking, too. lol

why the hell would they be blocked? great site. they've been around for years and they have always come through and often have some great deals..

I guess at some point they broke the [H] rules. I agree they are a good company and have been buying from them for years, but if you post on someone's boards you better follow their rules.

why the hell would they be blocked? great site. they've been around for years and they have always come through and often have some great deals..

They pissed Steve and Kyle off by breaking the forum's advertising rules. Someone from GG made a topic in the gaming section advertising the site.

How is this game? It seems to get pretty good reviews, but I thought I'd see what normal people think!

How is this game? It seems to get pretty good reviews, but I thought I'd see what normal people think!

I have it for 360. It's pretty fun. There are tons of planes to choose from and unlock (I think around 80!). And it's very arcadey - you get hundreds of missiles and you can take several missile hits before going down. Also the scenery is pretty good (though the texture quality looks kinda bad when you get really close) and the planes themselves are very pretty and all include a cockpit view in addition to the standard third-person view.

The problems: the campaign is short. The story, voice acting, and cutscenes are terrible. Some people really hate the "assistance off" mode (a third-person view that positions the camera so it's always showing both your plane and your target, regardless of your orientation). It's not natural at first, but it's only really useful for dogfights, and you can always turn it off.

Multiplayer is pretty good, at least on XBL. Can't comment on the PC community. All I can say is that co-op missions are at least as fun as competitive multiplayer. They do a good job of ramping up the difficulty to account for the extra players.

You'll definitely need a joystick or a controller though.

Usually it stands for Import.

I've bought many games from there because they were released in europe first before the US.

All legit from the UK, not from Thailand or any other place that tends to be in the bootleg business.

Usually it stands for Import.

I've bought many games from there because they were released in europe first before the US.

All legit from the UK, not from Thailand or any other place that tends to be in the bootleg business.

Ah thanks

I played the demo and hated it. I guess I didnt realize you arent forced to uset he 3rd person view. Half the fun is being in the cockpit like view to feel like you're in a plane not flying around toy jets. Anyway, I may check it out now since I love ace combat but I am not sure about a 60 dollar purchase just yet.

I played the demo and hated it. I guess I didnt realize you arent forced to uset he 3rd person view. Half the fun is being in the cockpit like view to feel like you're in a plane not flying around toy jets. Anyway, I may check it out now since I love ace combat but I am not sure about a 60 dollar purchase just yet.

I bought it at launch for $60 and in retrospect it wasn't worth it. But for $30 it probably is, at least if you like fighter jets.

And yeah, a lot of people hate the third person view but there are two things:

1. You don't have to use it (the tutorial is the ONLY mission where you're ever forced to use it).

2. The situations in which you do want to use it are few and far between. It's really only good for close-in dogfights. You can still do those in normal view but it's generally easier in third person. The demo tutorial doesn't really show off how well dogfights play out with it. You want to try the other mission, and you should probably spend most of your time in normal view anyway.

Back