GTX670 FTW Sig2 vs GTX760

lagittaja

Weaksauce
So I'm in the market for a new GPU for gaming.
I'm not concerned about the vram.. I'm mainly looking for a card with 2GB vram. I game at 1920x1080 single monitor..

I've narrowed it down to either this for ~320€ shipped. The blower FTW would be ~300€ shipped and the reference clocked vanilla card would be ~280€ shipped so the FTW Sig2 is a nobrainer out of those three available for reasonable prices.
http://www.evga.com/products/pdf/02G-P4-3677.pdf

The Superclocked ACX GTX760 cooler is crap so that's a no.
I'm also waiting for the GTX760 FTW models from EVGA, there supposedly will be a 2GB model with blower cooler and a 4GB model with a different looking ACX cooler.
Instead of 2x8mm+1x6mm direct contact (SC ACX) it looks like it (FTW ACX) has 4x6mm with a heatplate.
The FTW ACX apparently will also use the same PCB as the SC ACX, at least judging by the pictures I've found SC ACXFTW ACX
Both show EVGA103 rev0.1 while FTW blower looks to be using a 680 pcb or something similar with EVGA087 rev0.0 showing, and the same shroud as 770's.

Hopefully the VRM cooling on the FTW ACX will also be different. Since I mean, I see a problem with this design, do you guys see what I see?
cooler2_small.jpg
cooler3_small.jpg

In TPU's testing the SC ACX is equally loud or even louder than the nvidia reference BLOWER and not that cool. Also when they overclocked it the temperature increased by 5.55% when clocks increased a little over 13%. I looked through many reviews and the pattern repeated itself.
The MSI GTX760 Twin Frozr Gaming however fared better, clocks increased over 15% and temperature didn't really budge, only +1.49%

I could get the Superclocked blower cooler for 221€ shipped directly from EVGA.
Reference clocked blower 199€ -> superclocked blower 209€ -> FTW blower 219-229€ perhaps?
So against that 670 FTW Sig2 I would be looking at either 221€ or 231-241€ blower cooled card. If the FTW ACX ends up having a great cooler and if it's decently priced it could be 271€ shipped.
Is it wise paying 320€ for that 670? I'd get 16% more shaders and that's about it. Also a great cooler out of the box.

I could be going watercooling as well in the future.. The 670 has 680 PCB so that's good.
The before mentioned 760 cards, only the FTW blower seems to have a layout where the PCIe power connectors are at the end of the card so with the SC ACX or FTW ACX or blower superclocked I would apparently need to use 670 block if they even have a layout compatible for those.

BOqWHgN.gif

P.S. Whoops, wasn't planning on that long post.
P.P.S. Perf/€ wise the 760 is winner in this comparison. But overclocking both and possibility of watercooling?? The 670 is tempting..

Last edited:
Back