GTX Titan Z SLi vs 295X2 CrossfireX! Let the money hit the floor!

This is why im beggining to pull for AMD where GPUs are concerned. Price to performance is a no brainer. Nice link!!

They had me at "It lights up like a GTX"
IMG_0517_zpse1b08757.jpg~original
IMG_0523_zpsf2df8dae.jpg~original

The only game where the Titan Z had a huge lead was BioShock Infinite, but other than that, it performed either closely compared to the 295X2 or slower. Yeah, not worth spending $6K for a pair of Titan Z's, not to mention the heat it will produce and power consumption.

I really would not have thought that honours would be even. I thought that the 295x2 in crossfire would have trounced the Titan Z in SLI.

But the Titan Z is still a failure as a GPU because they only put one DP port on the thing.

can the radiator from these gpu's mount on the back of the case? can it reach? or they are only designed to be installed to the front of the case?

[H] recently did some tests which showed that a R9 295x2 paired with a R9 290X was a very sensible option; I wonder how a Titan Z paired with a Titan Black compares?

can the radiator from these gpu's mount on the back of the case? can it reach? or they are only designed to be installed to the front of the case?

Back of the case is fine the hoses are good and long. I already had my CPU rad on the back 120 tho. I've got my 295x2 rad in the lower front intake now and it's ok but I'm going to mod the top front intake to hold the rad because the way I have it right now it's blowing hot air on the card. I'm gonna change cases I think :( either that or maybe I can fit a 140 intake mod on the floor of the case. I really like the small footprint of the nzxt gamma/m59/challenger but it's getting a bit tired. I even have another spare set of these cases for further mods but it's a very small mid tower.

The Titan Z is faster on air than a watercooled 295. Imagine if the the Titan Z was also water cooled. It would be light years ahead.

The Titan Z is faster on air than a watercooled 295. Imagine if the the Titan Z was also water cooled. It would be light years ahead.

Think you need to get your eyes checked. Only someone like you would try to make a lie sound like the truth lol.

Eh? OCing a graphics card rarely gives you a "light years" bump in performance. Scale the numbers by 10-20% and you probably have a decent estimate of where it'd land.

Moved the 295x2 rad to the top intake front of my case with 2 Noctua DC NF-P12s in push/pull off a splitter coming direct from the card so both fans on the rad are controlled by the VBIOS. Same temps so I guess I was OK already.

Did a complete win8.1 reinstall with latest whql amd drivers and omg this card is just butter smooth everywhere. Fixed some choppiness where it seems it wasn't engaging Crossfire properly in a lot of apps. It seems to be happy staying quiet up to 74 degrees and then it levels off while still being quiet lol. I'm in heaven. I love these cards and I'm considering hanging on to my single 290x so I can run triCF once I get a custom loop and a new big ass case settled. Honestly the one 295x2 is already overkill for a single 120Hz 1440p display but I do like AA and max detail.

That's a prime one lie! Where is the Titan z ahead? Bio shock? What about all the other test run?

Back