GTX Titan Owners Thread

Why would anyone want an inferior air cooler on their Titan? The stock cooler exhausts the hot air out, is quiet, well made and engineered...am I missing something? :confused:

every setup is unique. when I was using a second titan, I would have loved this cooler. it is more quiet than the stock (while quiet is overrated) and since the rest of my system is on water I could care less where the hot air goes. many with a very well ventilated case would feel the same.

Why would anyone want an inferior air cooler on their Titan? The stock cooler exhausts the hot air out, is quiet, well made and engineered...am I missing something? :confused:

Uh, the ACX is a better cooler unless you're using a tight air cramped mini ITX case. (There are plenty of reviews showing this with the GTX 780) If your case doesn't suck, it is cooler and quieter than the Titan reference cooler by a very sizable margin.

Obviously, you don't want an open air cooler if you're using something like a bitfenix prodigy. But since most folks here are using large cases, the ACX will provide better performance and cooling.

Last edited:
OK I lied, I could not sleep without testing this. Holy mother of baby Jebus this 1.3v mod is working. I just hit a couple of runs through Valley with Titan's at 1300 MHz core, power draw up to 170 % power target sucking down that power I topped/pulled 2000w from the wall and PSU shut down ROFL.

I will have to test to see how hot this power section is getting, but uh, Titan's undisputed #1 king again I just gained over 100 MHz core on overclocks. :devil: Time to break some records...

OK I lied, I could not sleep without testing this. Holy mother of baby Jebus this 1.3v mod is working. I just hit a couple of runs through Valley with Titan's at 1300 MHz core, power draw up to 170 % power target sucking down that power I topped/pulled 2000w from the wall and PSU shut down ROFL.

I will have to test to see how hot this power section is getting, but uh, Titan's undisputed #1 king again I just gained over 100 MHz core on overclocks. :devil: Time to break some records...

wow....2000 watts LOL

Confirmed working with 780's. very nice :)

Nvidia is going to shit themselves. This was also just confirmed working on a GTX 690 as well. Looks like all Keplers may be able to go up to 1.3V now with this hack/mod?

I just did a 1306/7000 bench on my Titan. :D

There was mention online of a titan dying at 1.3v the vrm gave out? Are you guys not concerned? Anyone know why that one died or if more cards have been reported dead?

Nvidia is going to shit themselves. This was also just confirmed working on a GTX 690 as well. Looks like all Keplers may be able to go up to 1.3V now with this hack/mod?

I just did a 1306/7000 bench on my Titan. :D

Our you guy's doing this with stock or a modded bios? Maybe now with 1.3 vcore i can get pass 1176 mhz on My Titan :p

The modded bios is only required to increase your power limits to avoid power throttling. After that you edit a file in MSI AB and you get software voltage control up to 1.3V in MSI AB. So you could actually do this without a modded bios, but it would be pointless as you would throttle. My Titan at 1306/7000 in Heaven 4.0 pulled a pretty consistent 325W. At 1176/7000 it "only" pulls around 265W.

I'm not comfortable doing it even with a full cover block and back plate. I'll wait a bit as the masses start overvolting their reference GPUs to 1.3V on air and see if anything happens. Titan already makes my room uncomfortably warm after an hour long gaming session. But if over the next few months there are no reports of blown VRMs on water cooled cards, then I will be running 1300mhz this winter.

Man...You guys with your "Push it to the limit" mentality. Actually, I applaud all you guys who have the balls to do it. Me, I'm just happy that my 2 Titans work flawlessly and will boost up to 1032 at stock. Shit, I'm easy to satisfy. I just bought one of these new shiny EVGA Sli bridges, and I'm happy as a clam- easy peasy, no fuss or headache... just install and enjoy...

2-way.jpg

Not my rig btw-Just showing a pic of the bridge. I know there's already a thread for it. Just excited as it came via UPS today:)

such is the tradeoff with a silent cooler, the heat has to go somewhere. I game with the window open so i'm usually ok.

Had an opportune moment to obtain a GTX Titan and I jumped on it. To keep a long story short, after each deal was done I had enough money to replace both GTX 680 4GB with a single eVGA Titan and I am very, very happy with the purchase. I've got just enough money left over to purchase the eVGA ACX cooler which I'm doing right now.

:) Congrats.
If you really want the cooler go for it, but the stock cooler is already awesome imo. Hope you enjoy your new toy!

Grats man, I'm totally considering the ACX cooler, think that is going to be a X-mas gift to my self.

Man...You guys with your "Push it to the limit" mentality. Actually, I applaud all you guys who have the balls to do it. Me, I'm just happy that my 2 Titans work flawlessly and will boost up to 1032 at stock. Shit, I'm easy to satisfy. I just bought one of these new shiny EVGA Sli bridges, and I'm happy as a clam- easy peasy, no fuss or headache... just install and enjoy...

Not my rig btw-Just showing a pic of the bridge. I know there's already a thread for it. Just excited as it came via UPS today:)

Hey Island, where did you get the 'Shiny EVGA Sli bridge'? That is slick. Thanks

Stevennoland

Hey Island, where did you get the 'Shiny EVGA Sli bridge'? That is slick. Thanks

Stevennoland

These are the new EVGA bridges. There's a thread about them on the forums. They sell them on there product page. Ill give you links. Also the above pic is not my PC. Here is mine below

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?&m=1999556&mpage=1

http://www.evga.com/Products/ProductList.aspx?type=2&family=Accessories+-+Hardware&chipset=SLI+Bridge

Thanks for the info Island. Yea, I found them. OOS! Sucks! Even OOS on performancepcs. I will get one. Eventually. If anyome has the three slot version, I will buy it from you. Make me an offer. I will pay more than retail. I must be crazy! Certifiable.

So this is how the 1% spend their money

I actually bought two titans from an overweight guy who lived in its mother's basement.
I sold back one to another overweight guy who owned a crappy car (that I estimate to worth less than one Titan).

Some of the individuals who are buying these cards are certainly not rich, they may just have different priorities.

Lucked-out on my Titan. 81.0% ASIC. I'm going to have to explore a bit of overclocking with it. :D

Received backplates yesterday and had a smooth installation. Haven't overclocked as of yet as I always ensure the card is functioning correctly after a HSF change. The card idles at 26c at the desktop so that is a good initial sign. :p

I like the blower setup but that acx cooler is legit. If I had the time I'd meticulously take off the original shroud and put some quality paste on it

Back