GTX 980ti, GTA V and 3440x1440 LG 34UC97-S

Enthusiast Extreme

Limp Gawd
Bought the 980ti EVGA Superclocked with backplate, pairing it with an LG 34UC97-S ultrawide monitor at 3440x1440 and I still can't max GTA V completely out and it uses more than 7gb with MSAA at 8x :eek: crazyy. Would Titan X max this game out at that resolution? I'm getting 20-25 fps on everything maxed out and the game starts crashing! I can play at 4x msaa and everything else on high or ultra at about 40-50 fps.

Perhaps it's my computer limiting it? I'm just using a temporary bench rig for now waiting on my 5960x to arrive.

I7 870
8 gb corsair dominator ram
600 gb ssd.
Evga 980 ti superclocked.

Any ideas?

8XMSAA is overkill, but yes you would need a Titan X to push that setting. You'd need two actually to run it at a somewhat playable FPS.

Stick with the 980 Ti and just run 2XMSAA or 4XMSAA.

Stop being silly and trying to max the game. Turn MFAA on in NVidia Control Panel and use 2xMSAA (with MFAA it is about equal to 4xMSAA quality without the performance hit). Throw ReShade on top and edit a good preset to get the nicest image quality (I like to add a slight sharpening filter over 2xTXAA and also alter the colors so it looks less hazy).

You mean your CPU? Your "computer" typically refers to all parts working as a whole.

You mean your CPU? Your "computer" typically refers to all parts working as a whole.

No I meant the WHOLE computer, some graphic cards like Titan X only perform optimally with 32 gb of ram etc, while the processor may be a limiting factor but I would think that GTA V is more GPU intensive rather than CPU :rolleyes:

Stop being silly and trying to max the game. Turn MFAA on in NVidia Control Panel and use 2xMSAA (with MFAA it is about equal to 4xMSAA quality without the performance hit). Throw ReShade on top and edit a good preset to get the nicest image quality (I like to add a slight sharpening filter over 2xTXAA and also alter the colors so it looks less hazy).

Being silly? Lol the games are meant to be played on max settings, that's the whole point in having a 1300 dollar monitor and a 700 dollar gpu ;) But I will try those options, thanks :D

With higher resolutions like 1440p and 4k, you don't need AA as much, just see it as a replacement for higher AA.

Back