GTX 770 2GB, 4GB or Wait?

samops03

Gawd
Im playing with a GTX580 @ 1920x1200 right now and most games i play are fine, for the exception of Titanfall. I have to lower the settings in order to get acceptable performance. I also plan to play Watch Dogs when it comes out. What should i do?

A) GTX 770 2GB
B) GTX 770 4GB
C) Wait for a while and get the new Nvidia card that comes out.

I dont plan to upgrade the monitor for a while, maybe 4K in a year or two. I will most likely get another 770 in the future but right now i will only get one card. What kind of difference would the extra 2GB make at 1920x1200?

get 4GB...
2GB is a disappointment waiting to happen. I have a 690 with basically 2GB... All this power and it's being held back greatly by 2GBs of VRAM. It pains me everytime I start up BF4 and things are turned down. That game is a RAM hog, it's retarded...

Fuck 4GB cards. Get what you need now and replace it later, because you're gonna have a bad time trying to find another 4GB to pair for SLI a year from now (prices on expanded memory versions of cards historically never go down and are marked up for their rarity rather than reduced to clear for EOL).

Either get both 4GB cards now and enjoy the almost overkill performance at 1200p to ride out for a few years or just replace your 2GB card(s) when they're not enough like I plan to do. I figure it's worth the loss I'll take selling then, 'cause new cards! :D

Any money spent on a 4gb 770 over a 2gb for single card use is just money that could have been put towards a card that would actually be faster.

Thanks for the advice, ill either get the 2GB 770 or see if i can come up with more cash for a 3GB 780.

Thanks for the advice, ill either get the 2GB 770 or see if i can come up with more cash for a 3GB 780.
I picked up a 4gb 770. Wasn't a huge mistake, but I wouldn't recommend it. That being said, if you want to buy a used 770 4gb let me know ;)

go with the 780 imo

what idylan said.780 or just pick up another 580 until tsmc gets it together

May be wrong, but from what i understand, 4gb is really helpful if you push multiple monitors or if you're pushing a big 4k screen. Otherwise, go 2gb.

May be wrong, but from what i understand, 4gb is really helpful if you push multiple monitors or if you're pushing a big 4k screen. Otherwise, go 2gb.

The problem with getting another 580 is that i have the Gelid cooler on my card now and it eats up 3 slots. Excellent cooler but so huge!

2yv3x39.jpg

Back