GTX 680 In Stock Thread

This is laughable. Nvidia are either marketing geniuses or jerks. You'd think they have thought about demand, but I guess not. Look I've owned Nvidia and AMD, but at least when the 7970 came out you could find one.

This is laughable. Nvidia are either marketing geniuses or jerks. You'd think they have thought about demand, but I guess not. Look I've owned Nvidia and AMD, but at least when the 7970 came out you could find one.
well maybe demand is higher than anticipated as I am sure they would like to sell as many cards as they can. the 7970 was pretty hard to come by too for a few days but after that when stores got stock they did not just disappear within minutes like the gtx680 does. of course I dont have numbers but I think way more people were willing to pay 500 bucks for the gtx680 than were ever willing to pay 550 bucks for the 7970. the 7970 offered less performance per dollar than their 6970 did. the gtx680 at least gave a 30-35% increase for the same launch price as the gtx580. it also offered lower power consumption, lower noise and new features. I think those reasons are contributing to the gtx680 selling out as quickly as it comes in.

You can plan all you want for availability, but fact of the matter is that nVidia isn't the sole arbiter of how many cards are available. TSMC is probably a big factor in availability here, and last I checked this whole 28nm process isn't entirely trouble free.

On the supply and demand stuff I'm sure nVidia is dealing with a lot of people who waited for Kepler before deciding to buy red or green -- and based on features I'm guessing a lot of that pent up demand has decided on nVidia.

I'll be interested in seeing sales statistics on the GTX 680 in a month or two. Either there's a supply shortage or a lot of demand, and those figures will tell us which it is.

well maybe demand is higher than anticipated as I am sure they would like to sell as many cards as they can. the 7970 was pretty hard to come by too for a few days but after that when stores got stock they did not just disappear within minutes like the gtx680 does. of course I dont have numbers but I think way more people were willing to pay 500 bucks for the gtx680 than were ever willing to pay 550 bucks for the 7970. the 7970 offered less performance per dollar than their 6970 did. the gtx680 at least gave a 30-35% increase for the same launch price as the gtx580. it also offered lower power consumption, lower noise and new features. I think those reasons are contributing to the gtx680 selling out as quickly as it comes in.

When 7970 launched, most of the time when they restock they get more than 20 units per brand, but GTX 680 on the other hand are far less than that.

This could explain the phenomena we seeing here...
But according Kyle, the supplies will be stable soon..

What's so special about may 3rd?

IMO nVidias product is just better than AMD's 7970 so demand is very high.

Better name brand.
Better performance for same price as old parts instead of almost double the price like AMD tried to pull with 6970 to 7970.
Better temps, noise and power.

ppl who buy $500 cards all want the GTX 680 is all.

What's so special about may 3rd?

IMO nVidias product is just better than AMD's 7970 so demand is very high.

Better name brand.
Better performance for same price as old parts instead of almost double the price like AMD tried to pull with 6970 to 7970.
Better temps, noise and power.

ppl who buy $500 cards all want the GTX 680 is all.
almost double the price? why do you exaggerate so badly? the 7970 was 50% more than the 6970 so that is not even remotely close to double the price. yes that was a rip off for only 40% improvement but no need to embellish here.

Probably a big shipment of nVidia cards from TSMC will be hitting the market on 5/3? Maybe an entire supply line that is steady will kick in on 5/3?

almost double the price? why do you exaggerate so badly? the 7970 was 50% more than the 6970 so that is not even remotely close to double the price. yes that was a rip off for only 40% improvement but no need to embellish here.

I'm not exaggerating at all. I am under playing it if anything.

Some 6970 went for $203 last year
http://slickdeals.net/f/3449222-HIS-Radeon-HD-6970-2GB-Video-Card-203-Amazon-after-20-MIR

$300 was common

Meanwhile 7970's were going for $600.

That's double the price.

I'm not exaggerating at all. I am under playing it if anything.

Some 6970 went for $203 last year
http://slickdeals.net/f/3449222-HIS-Radeon-HD-6970-2GB-Video-Card-203-Amazon-after-20-MIR

$300 was common

Meanwhile 7970's were going for $600.

That's double the price.
I am talking about what they launched at. the 7970 launched at $550 and the 6970 launched at $380. cards certainly get cheaper over time and usually go way down in price when getting close to a new product launch. and sometimes there might be just a one off crazy sale. going by your logic than we also need to wait until the 7970 has been out for a year and prices have dropped and some good crazy sales have happened. you cant have it both ways.

Not me. MSRP is irrelevant. I'm talking about reality. Street price.

GTX 580 was $500 all last year and GTX 680 launched at same $500 - thank you nV even though you only gave a weak 30% boost least you give same price

6970 was $300 all of last year and 7970 was $600 at launch. AMD put screws to ppl for same pathetic boost.

Not me. MSRP is irrelevant. I'm talking about reality. Street price.

GTX 580 was $500 all last year and GTX 680 launched at same $500 - thank you nV even though you only gave a weak 30% boost least you give same price

6970 was $300 all of last year and 7970 was $600 at launch. AMD put screws to ppl for same pathetic boost.
I look at street prices too when it comes time to make my purchase. again though you cant have it both ways. those great deals on the 6970 you saw was not really AMD just lowering the prices as most of those were one off deals. in fact the MSRP for the 6970 was still officially around what it launched at when the 7970 launched. plus the 7970 has already had at least one model go for 450 bucks and prices a year from now will be dramatically lower. you are only going to compare the launch prices of the 7970 though which is not fair. the point is that AMD raised their launch price by 50% and that is an apples to apples comparison.

I got my gtx570 for 260 bucks but if the gtx670 is 400 bucks then I am not going to say that Nvidia raised their price by 55%. the gtx570 launched at 350 bucks not 260 so just because I got a deal does not change the official msrp launch price comparison.

Back again!

EDIT:

Wait... Just added to cart and it was gone again.. I refreshed the page like 5 times and it didn't go away! lol

Come on EVGA!

owerfgrwogrioerwogu If only I had woken up an hour earlier... This is the only part I need for my build that isn't in stock.

Damn spawn campers...

You bet your ass I am spawn camping. I don't sleep to begin with though and I have a sprained ankle so I can't really go anywhere... LMAO

Probably a big shipment of nVidia cards from TSMC will be hitting the market on 5/3? Maybe an entire supply line that is steady will kick in on 5/3?

5 Fry's store have eVGA stock, but are still out of stock of every thing else. First wave?

Amazon had some signature + EVGA 680's but they are gone. Whats funny is around the same time they disappeared the price gougers started to post they had cards coming in..

Amazon had some signature + EVGA 680's but they are gone. Whats funny is around the same time they disappeared the price gougers started to post they had cards coming in..

Ehh that third party merchant showing "In Stock on May 3rd" for the Signature SC+ was stating the same thing yesterday. You probably just didn't notice it since Amazon takes away the Buy Box when they list. And those price gougers are only making like $40 after commission unless they're purchasing at under retail direct from the distributor so you can thank Amazon and eBay for why resellers gouge so much on prices.

Meanwhile, 7970's are going for $459.99 at newegg.ca. I wonder how people who paid $550 for them feel now :) I'd still rather buy a GTX 680!

Wow, every card on Amazon is unavailable ... guess the scalpers dumped all stock?

Back