GTX 580 for $110

Great deal! Too bad I'm hoarding my money for a 7990, else I'd probably bite on 2 or more.

Well I said it was a great deal, not that I agreed with the idiotic pricing scheme. Also, the seller has to pay eBay/Paypal fees based off of the TOTAL amount of the sale, so they're not beating the system at all except to trick people who don't look at shipping price.

Don't think there's another card in that price bracket to match the performance, but the 500-series nVidia cards are a little power hungry and loud for what they offer. The Arctic Cooling cooler on these should help with the noise, though.

Also, since this comes from an overseas buyer, expect no warranty unless Squaretrade.

There is another guy selling 480 gtxs for $10 and like $60 shipping I almost bit but thought better of it. Just like this guy had a bunch of good feedback selling hats and low priced electronics and now is selling $100 GPUs, if it seems too good to be true, it probably isn't.

So the question is, is it worth it taking the risk?
And they have mentioned a 90-day warranty.

By the time you get this (probably at LEAST a month out, and that's being optimistic), you'll have little warranty left.

I say if you plan on reselling them, go for it and take your chances. If you plan to use them though, steer clear of these shady Chinese sellers and the hassles involved with return shipping (which usually cost a buttload if something happens).

The last time I ordered a similar great deal from a seller with good feedback. It was a New Seagate 3TB internal HDD for $40 shipped. A month later when it arrived, I got a 'tie' in the package and by that time, the listing had been removed.

1.Description

Due to the difference between different monitors, the picture may not reflect the actual color of the item.

We guarantee the style is the same as shown in the pictures, but not the same performance on different bodies as on the model.

We guarantee style, but not performance? What the crap is that supposed to mean?

Sounds like a good deal... a shadily good deal

Almost all of the sellers feedback are for cheapo items priced under $1. Not saying the items sold were not legit or anything... but.... That's feedback farming for sure.

Money back guarantee! Non-refundable shipping.

Item $9.90, $100 shipping... :D

Pretty funny that it says new, however has an aftermarket cooler on it. That means not new to me...

So they have a 7 day full refund policy. My guess is that doesn't get you your 99.00 bucks back from shipping. Seems shady

Ya the problem with lower priced items that are available here in the states is you hardly want to goto china for something like that. Same thing happened with the Korean 27 inch LCDs, once a few options popped up locally sales fell off. Anytime I have ever dealt with Chinese shippers its always the same, most of the time the product comes and works but everytime it doesn't it cost me so much to ship it back I often just don't bother. Then you got the long turn around and shipping time, communication is also often very slow. I wonder if he gives a deal on shipping if you buy multiple cards =]

Item location:GUANGZHOU, China
Homeland of counterfeits, cheap knockoffs, hackers, and scams. Instantly cold.

I am Chinese and has been in the US for 7 years. In China, the rule of thumb of buying electronics online: Buy brand new sealed only and only from a seller with very high feedback volume and very high ratings and the seller has sold many of the particular item you are buying in the past (yes, you can see this statistic on Taobao, the most used online shopping website in China). When buying used, buy only from those with extremely high volume of feedbacks (tens of thousand) with a nearly perfect rating (exclude the low ratings given due to shipping).

The item is shipped from China, why bother sell internationally? Because almost everybody in China who wants something like a 580 has been around that market long enough knows what to avoid.
Also, he's selling for $110 shipped, and the shipping cost for a vid card from China to US is at least $30. A fully functional 580 for $80?
Based on the pictures, packaging, and warranty. In one way or another, there will be some form of scams in it.

Of course I cant say that for absolutely sure, but what I can be sure is that if you ask 100 forums users like us in China, 99 of them will tell you the same thing.

Last edited:
Seems like another ebay scam. Seen to many of these play out, luckily pay-pal will refund you/ should refund you

If someone is willing to take the plunge I'd be interested to hear what you actually receive. I wouldn't buy one until I saw some feedback that someone actually got a working 580 gtx.

so you actually want someone else to be a guinea pig ;)

quite convenient that.

Looks like a scam. The guy has 97 feedback, but it's all from selling 99 cent items. I'd stay far, far away.

Total scam look at the items he's sold in the past. You guys need to research these deals a bit better in the future.

Easily a scam. Pointed ebay to the listing. Should be taken care of within a few days me thinkz.

look at their feedback also, all cheap items and almost all from the same buyers.

Almost all of the sellers feedback are for cheapo items priced under $1. Not saying the items sold were not legit or anything... but.... That's feedback farming for sure.

Agreed. The last time this happened, which wasn't too long ago, it was a scam also. Same thing in that it was a great deal and all feedback was for cheap items. People got their money back after they complained to ebay. This is obviously the same type of issue and nobody is going to get the video card. Don't waste your time and tie up your money.

Why do people still fall for this crap? Lol. It amazes me..

Money back guarantee! Non-refundable shipping.

Item $9.90, $100 shipping... :D

\
BAM, that sounds like the scam!

pay 110.00
get a Y&^%&^% i na box so it shows delivery.
complain to ebay...

then..

then...

BAM 9.99 refund

wow what a jerk

Hacked Ebay account, nothing guy has sold is anything like this and its shipping from china :eek:?

Back