GTX 570 help

Legion-

Weaksauce
I had a gtx 570 in a build. Worked fine. Now, today i put in a i3 and loaded windows. Everything went fine until i put latest nividia driver. After installing the driver i rebooted and it loads windows but as soon as the windows logo appears i lose signal to monitor. I reset and it says to start windows normally. But each time i try i get no signal. If i remove the driver it works with generic vga driver. Any ideas?

Check to make sure it's not loading the GPU off the CPU. Plug the monitor into the motherboard and see if it displays when the video card doesn't.

I tried to see if onboard worked while nividia driver was installed. No dice. Could card suddenly be bad? Was working last week. Card sees bios and works in safe mode or with the generic vga driver. Will not show up with any nividia driver ive tried. Tried other monitors.

I tried the 2nd pci slot. No video or hdd activity. Went back to first slot. Still can run in safe mode or without nivida driver. test card another rig and works fine. i'm thinking it may be the mobo. Had RAM error and now only last 2 mem slots will let me post. Gonna advoid Asrock from now on. Never had this many problems with other boards.

Is it Windows 8? If it is, it's a well-known, well-documented problem. It's called the "flicker of death" to many users. If you are able to go into Safe Mode, uninstall the latest NVidia driver and see if you can get it to boot again.

It is Asrock z77 extreme 6 board. It is Win 7 64 bit. I ordered a Asus board. Will update next week.

Strange thing happened. I swapped the GTX 570 for a GTX 670 and it works. Will not work with the 570 for some reason. The 570 works fine in 4 other boards ive tried. Just not on the Asrock board. Which is weird. when i had it in same board with a I5 it was fine. But for some reason with the I3 it loses signal after install of nividia driver. The 670 worked without a hitch. i'm at a loss here lol.

I think its stuck at an incompatible resolution or refresh rate. you can try to set it in safe mode

I think its stuck at an incompatible resolution or refresh rate. you can try to set it in safe mode

I tried to run in low res from F8 and still get no signal after win splash logo. Never had any problems like this before. I cannot figure this out. The 670 works on the board but 570 doesnt. Very strange.

Are there any bios updates for your board? Also, do you have another machine you can test the 570 in?

Maybe try flashing another generic stock bios onto the gfx card.

Are there any bios updates for your board? Also, do you have another machine you can test the 570 in?

Running latest bios for the board. And the 570 works in another machine. I tried using a 670 on the Asrock board and it works just fine. I really don't know whats up with the 570 losing signal.

With the 670 installed, do a driver install with clean option checked. Then try the 570 again.

Did some online research. And others have had this problem. But i couldn't find a solution.

I think Stoly probably has the right idea (and I thought a clean driver install with the 670 would clear that up) -- but I have no idea how to force the issue without a clean OS install ... pretty sure I read about this happening in the Titan reflash thread, and it was solved with an OS re-install.

Oh I missed the part where the 2nd pcie slot and 2 ram slots seem non-functional. Goodness knows what's going on with the motherboard then!

Gonna RMA the Asrock board today. I picked up a older p67 1155 MB for 20$ Should be here today. I hope this solves the problem.

Setup up a new board and no problem's at all. Board fired up first try. And no loss of signal after installing Nividia driver. I RMA'd the Z77 Asrock board. This has to be the weirdest thing i have ever encountered lol.

One reason why I avoid AsRock. Not to say others don't have problems sometimes too, but AsRock seems to be more frequent.

I had a similar problem once. The bios would not disable my Igpu, at the time i wasnt using it for anything, this cause my pc to black screen after the windows splash as long as nothing was plugged into the igpu. I had no idea it was doing this either until i double checked the bios, it just required a cmos reset to actually shut off the Igpu and correct the issue.

Back