GTX 280 @ ZipZoomFly $449.99 NO REBATE

Yes, I saw that earlier, looks quite tempting now. Im holding out right now to see how Crysis Warhead and Farcry 2 turn out before I upgrade again.

GTX280 drops more then 200$ less then 1month after launch. hahaha!

it pays to wait!

And to think that my logic was questioned when I said that we would see a 399.00 GTX280 in the very near future...I was not that far off after all.

Iono I'd say wait a few more days/weeks for the 4870x2. Who knows, maybe the price of the gtx280 will drop lower, i mean whats to lose by waiting? I doubt prices for the gtx280 is going up.

yeah i feel bad for all the people that bought the 280 earlier in the game

It should though it will be eeking it out. The 520w you want to keep it at 80% load or about 420watts of power. The GTX280 uses around 300 when at full load so you have 120w to play with. It will run it though, but I would suggest something a little more powerful, especially if you are using a quad core.

My roommate bought one for $630 a few weeks ago, I just showed him this and he looked sad.

Great deal but unfortunately there is this little issue called the 4870X2. After reading the [H] preview I feel the need to wait for the production cards to hit the market and then wait another two weeks or so after that to see what happens to the prices for the 4870X2 and GX280 cards. I was almost going to pull the trigger on a GX280 purchase at ~$450, but I think the smart thing to do is give the card market about a couple of more weeks and make a decision once the X2 is out and the prices have settled a bit.

mhm. If this is an indicator of anything it's that nvidia is ****ing scared of the 4870x2 performance.

mhm. If this is an indicator of anything it's that nvidia is ****ing scared of the 4870x2 performance.

And that's the beauty of nVidia, you know its paining them to lose and that they are going to do everything they can top even the 4870x2 as soon as they can. Let's hope its sooner rather than later!

Heh, I decided to just go back to a GTX 280 for $376 off the 'Bay (new sealed) + a $30 rebate making the final price $346 if the rebate comes through. I figure the extra VRAM is good, and it can be a bit faster in some cases. Going to list my 4870 for ~$290, end up with around 270 in pocket for an "upgrade" cost of about $70. Not bad... main reason is for the drivers, I hate how the Catalyst Control Center can't force AA/AF :( and prefer the game profiles that nVidia's Forceware offer.

Heh, I decided to just go back to a GTX 280 for $376 off the 'Bay (new sealed) + a $30 rebate making the final price $346 if the rebate comes through. I figure the extra VRAM is good, and it can be a bit faster in some cases. Going to list my 4870 for ~$290, end up with around 270 in pocket for an "upgrade" cost of about $70. Not bad... main reason is for the drivers, I hate how the Catalyst Control Center can't force AA/AF :( and prefer the game profiles that nVidia's Forceware offer.

you got a good deal my friend if you can get that for your 4870, but the prices of the 4870 are going to fall pretty soon I think. regardless that is a damn good deal on the GTX280. Nvidia is here to play I think

It should though it will be eeking it out. The 520w you want to keep it at 80% load or about 420watts of power. The GTX280 uses around 300 when at full load so you have 120w to play with. It will run it though, but I would suggest something a little more powerful, especially if you are using a quad core.

This is a joke right..... no video card uses even CLOSE to 300 watts

The HX 520 will work fine, I can say from experience.

Back