GTA V (Grand Theft Auto 5) to arrive on PC on 1/27/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta admit I'm now slightly hyped after the recent trailer. I'll bite if I can get it for less than $40.

This has been the largest gap by far. Usually, the gap has been about 6 months at the most. But then again, this is also a remastered version, not just a straight up port with higher resolution and frame-rate. More radio stations, vehicles, wildlife, etc.

it's now confirmed...

Grand Theft Auto 5's new PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One version will let you play in first-person view...Rockstar is also including an array of options to customise the experience, such as the ability to shoot in first-person but then switch to third-person while in cover...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...rst-person-mode-confirmed-for-pc-ps4-xbox-one
I noticed CNET posted a review of the XB1/PS4 version:
http://www.cnet.com/products/grand-theft-auto-v-ps4-and-xbox-one/

They also mention at the end of that article that the PC version will be out in 1/27/15 as I mentioned when I created this thread. So I guess that means the PC version will be like the XB1/PS4 version with the first-person stuff. :cool:

I know the PC version will be initially priced at nosebleed prices, like $50+, so I'm hoping the X-mas sale of 2015 will bring it back down to earth at < $20. :)

so...um, if I pick up a hooker, it stays in first person? :D

We can only speculate... But guessing by the history of GTA, it's at least a possibility on PC... With mods...
Hot Coffee FTW! :cool:

Can't wait for this game for PC. I was tempted to buy a craigslist Xbox 360 for this game when it came out but I have not had a console since.. PS2 I think lol. So glad it's almost here for the PC!!

When I saw this thread pop back up today I got panicky that they delayed the PC version again.

Too bad Rockstar couldn't get this out 2 months earlier in time for BF. Oh well, patience is virtue, I suppose. : \

A friend who has the PS3 with the older GTA 5 just bought a PS4 and will get the new GTA 5 very soon. I'm looking forward his review comparing the 2 versions.

Too bad GTA 5 for PC was pushed back a couple months. I guess it's better to get the bugs worked out rather than to sell it as a buggy product and then push patches later on. That said, you can pre-order it for $46.20.

SlickDeals said:
You will also receive the following pre-order bonuses:

$1,000,000 in-game credit ($500,000 for Grand Theft Auto V and $500,000 for Grand Theft Auto Online)
Bonus $300,000 in-game credit
GTA: San Andreas for PC

Deal Editor's Note: Game will be released on March 24.

I can't help but think that Rockstar devs are laughing at those with the masterrace syndrome. Bet it'll delay to 2016 just for their own pleasure.

I can't help but think that Rockstar devs are laughing at those with the masterrace syndrome. Bet it'll delay to 2016 just for their own pleasure.

Your probably right. Rockstar doesn't want to make money. They just enjoy making you mad. :rolleyes:

Delayed for so long and will most likely still require a 2 gig day one patch just to play it.

Oh well... they are doing the right thing and making sure its right. I'd rather have it delayed a month or two instead of playing a dog turd for a month or two.. ahem.. dying light.

It's probably because they only have 1-2 people working on it since after all "PC gamers will just pirate the game anyway."

Don't mind me, I just came here for the lulz. Oh wait, this isn't funny anymore. Rockstar is still trolling PC gamers. But most of the PC gamers I know don't really care anymore. You know the only ones I can understand being angry are those who have GTAV preordered for PC. My bet is they're gonna get a bad port and pay the full price for a two year old game. There's a reason why I don't preorder anything anymore. But everybody has to learn that the hard way.

^ Yeah I don't pre-order games either, for a variety of reasons. Mainly that if you wait a year or 2, you get a less buggy version of the game for a steep discount.

I joked to one of my friends who bought GTA 5 for his PS3 when it first came out that I'll get the game for < $10 during BF 2016. He said by the on-line community will be dried up for it. :rolleyes:

I wonder why the PC port is so much harder/buggier than the XB1/PS4 versions. :confused:

Maybe because there are a million hardware configurations.. Vs. just one for a console. Just a guess.

Anyhoo, saw the 4K screenshots making the rounds today. Impressive. I reckon they can take as long as they want if the game looks anywhere near that.

I'm not even sure why people are crying about anymore it at this point. Nobody cares that you 'already played on console' or 'should already be out and they're just milkin it' or it otherwise isn't meeting your personal hierarchy of needs and demands for whatever random reasons. So don't buy it, problem solved on your end. Rest of us will be having a blast.

And that's was the last straw, tired of the waiting game and I no longer feel like playing this game anymore because of all the delays.

You have refunded Grand Theft Auto V for wallet credit of $59.99.
These funds are now available for use in your next Steam Store purchase.

Maybe because there are a million hardware configurations.. Vs. just one for a console. Just a guess.

No there is really just one... X86 architecture with direct X. Maybe 2 with 64 bit support...

That argument never made any sense at all.

And that's was the last straw, tired of the waiting game and I no longer feel like playing this game anymore because of all the delays.

You have refunded Grand Theft Auto V for wallet credit of $59.99.
These funds are now available for use in your next Steam Store purchase.

See ya on release day!

No there is really just one... X86 architecture with direct X. Maybe 2 with 64 bit support...

That argument never made any sense at all.

It absolutely makes sense. The underlying architecture isn't what makes developers able to maximize the performance of console games, it's the unified hardware. They are working with one CPU and one GPU. They are able to program the game specifically to that hardware setup. On PC, yhey have to make the game run on several generations of CPUs and GPUs from different manufacturers, different versions of Windows, and different drivers. Furthermore, it opens up the possibly for hardware specific bugs to pop up, which again is probably not nearly as easy to deal with when your talking an open platform.

It absolutely makes sense. The underlying architecture isn't what makes developers able to maximize the performance of console games, it's the unified hardware. They are working with one CPU and one GPU. They are able to program the game specifically to that hardware setup. On PC, yhey have to make the game run on several generations of CPUs and GPUs from different manufacturers, different versions of Windows, and different drivers. Furthermore, it opens up the possibly for hardware specific bugs to pop up, which again is probably not nearly as easy to deal with when your talking an open platform.

You don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. You don't code for hardware you code for the architecture and APIs. You don't make it work with several generations of CPUs you utilize the features they have our you don't, period.

You don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. You don't code for hardware you code for the architecture and APIs. You don't make it work with several generations of CPUs you utilize the features they have our you don't, period.

This is true, but placing those API's on top of a vast array of hardware can make for very different outcomes across machines. It is a bit more tricky.

Still shouldn't take so damn long though. :confused:

This is true, but placing those API's on top of a vast array of hardware can make for very different outcomes across machines. It is a bit more tricky.

Still shouldn't take so damn long though. :confused:

Which is what drivers are for and why every big AAA release ends up with new drivers from Nvidia and AMD to go with it so often.

The old "making games for PC is harder because there's more configurations" is largely myth with some exceptions.

Had they just done a straight port we'd have had the game right along with the xbone and ps4.

See ya on when it's on steam sales!

Likely a week later lol.
I have a feeling that during the X-mas sale, this will be one of those 20 or 25% off sales. : \

I rarely bite on Steam sales unless it's at least 50% off. I know I'm a cheap bastard. :eek:

A friend who has the PS3 with the older GTA 5 just bought a PS4 and will get the new GTA 5 very soon. I'm looking forward his review comparing the 2 versions.

I beat every mission on the PS3 version and have been messing around with the PS4 version for a few weeks. Mostly just trying to steal fighter jets from the military base and seeing how long I can last in a showdown with the cops.

The graphics are a big improvement over the PS3 version. The most noticeable thing is the brush and foliage in the countryside. It really adds a lot. And the weather effects and lighting are noticeably better. The game runs much smoother. And being native 1080p, it looks clearer. The view distances are great. Assuming it's on par or better than PS4 version, I think even jaded PC gamers will be impressed with this game.

I beat every mission on the PS3 version and have been messing around with the PS4 version for a few weeks. Mostly just trying to steal fighter jets from the military base and seeing how long I can last in a showdown with the cops.

The graphics are a big improvement over the PS3 version. The most noticeable thing is the brush and foliage in the countryside. It really adds a lot. And the weather effects and lighting are noticeably better. The game runs much smoother. And being native 1080p, it looks clearer. The view distances are great. Assuming it's on par or better than PS4 version, I think even jaded PC gamers will be impressed with this game.
That sounds awesome. :cool: I'm guessing you've put in 100+ hours on the 2 consoles combined? I guess I'll have to get another video card by then if I want all of that eye candy. I have a single GTX 770, which I just got about 9 months ago. :eek:

Played and beat a month after it came out on PS3. Will rebuy it after building my first gaming pc ever to see how nice it looks. Sucks that it was delayed yet again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back