Grr Vista AKA Sound difference with Vista..

gravityxx

Limp Gawd
or is it?
I dunno where this would go but I thought it'd be right in OS.
Anyone experiencing that their speakers might sound a bit weak using vista?
Like ever since I installed it (2 days ago) my sub doesn't kick as hard as it
did in XP.

tl;dr
vista = non-existing sub

My Xfi sounds the same in Vista and XP on the same machine (only difference is the OS).

Hmm that's weird.. maybe it's just onboard sound then?
The knob for the bass on the subwoofer is turned up maxed in Vista
for me to actually have any bass at all. While XP, I only had it up
like half way :confused:

I'm using Logitech X-230 btw.

any updated drivers out for your onboard sound?

do you have the sound configured correctly so Vista knows what kind of speaker setup you got going? ..maybe its set for 2 speakers instead of 2.1..?:confused:

[F]old|[H]ard

I have the newest one from Realtek site.
And yeah I configured it correctly, I don't see the option for 2.0/2.1 setup,
Only Stereo, Quadraphonic, 5.1

And it seems like turning on TruBass in wmp makes it sound like what it used to be
when I was on XP.

Yes, it's probably a driver thing. Liniux drivers for my laptop have two different volume sliders for the bottom bass speaker and the front bezel tweeters.

You might be able to poke around some INF files, or in the registry, and see if anything obviously points toward the cause.

Before i got rid of my X-fi back when i still had my DT770's i noticed a massive difference in sound quality between XP and Vista, check the tone sliders in vista i remember those being only set to about 25% when they should be at 50% that helped alot but it still didnt sound as good as XP.

Now that i have downgraded to an audigy 2 and hd545's i cannot tell any difference at all.

Hm there doesn't seem to be a "Tone" tab in my sound properties.

In the start menu type "sound" in the search and press enter (make sure it doesn't open sound recorder instead =P). Then double click on speakers and you should see the tone tab.

On a side note I can clearly tell there's a difference between my sound in XP and Vista and I like the XP sound more. I'm using an X-Fi XtremeMusic an Logitech x530s

Must be driver related. Check to see if the Realtek sound manager has any options to adjust bass.

i had a problem like this. i solved it by right clicking on the sound mixer icon on teh tray, clicking on play back devices, going to speakers and then right clicking and going to properties, after that i went to the levels tab and set everything to 100. then i made sure that my sub and my center speaker hadnt been switched.

hope that helps :3

I'm having the same issue. With my X-Fi extreme music, the volume seems a LOT weaker/lower than XP :(.

I'm running the latest creative drivers for x64 vista and their audio console...

Back