GRAW Demo Sys Requirements?

Malikman

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey i have a athlon 2500+ 1.5 gb ram and a geforce 4 fx 5200 256mb graphics card

... It seems that i can't get anywere past the menu witch runs really slow.... is it just becuase this computer sucks? (i'm using an old computer as i RMA my mobo).

ya, its that GF5200 video card, that thing is weak as hell. the 3500+ will do the trick i think, may not do it well but it will do it, looks like you are going to have to wait for the completion of the RMA or get another card to hold you over.

ya the graw sys requirements are absolutely INSANE, i mean seriously most casual users dont have a 6 or 7 series card

Requirements:
Pentium IV 2Ghz
Windows XP/2000
NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6/7 or ATI® Radeon® 9600-9800/X
1024 MB RAM and 5 GB of hard drive space

and may i ask why is a ati 9600 supported and not a 5950 ultra.......

Just insane..

coolxboxgamer said:

Just insane..
That's exactly what I thought. The game doesn't seem to be optimized at all.

coolxboxgamer said:

Just insane..

The reason a 9600 is supported is due to Pixel Shader 1.4 capabilities where the Nvidia 5950 has only Pixel Shader 1.3.

coolxboxgamer said:
Requirements:
Pentium IV 2Ghz
Windows XP/2000
NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6/7 or ATI® Radeon® 9600-9800/X
1024 MB RAM and 5 GB of hard drive space
Its realy not all that bad; I can run the demo at 1280x1024 with settings around medium (some higher, some lower) on a 6600GT, 1GB RAM, and an A64 3200+.

Unknown-One said:
Its realy not all that bad;

You're right. Except for requiring 1gb of ram, the requirements are practically the same as Oblivion. That game doesn't really support FX series either. They are just not cut out for the latest DX9 games. 9x series are barely capable in the newest games. Of course when DX10 ships the slate will be wiped clean. Everything will be obsolete.

yea my new comp has a opteron 165 , 7900gt , 2 gig gskill ram dfi lanparty... but... well.. bad things happen when you try new things and sometimes u just g2 rma ... haha

Stereophile said:
You're right. Except for requiring 1gb of ram, the requirements are practically the same as Oblivion. That game doesn't really support FX series either. They are just not cut out for the latest DX9 games. 9x series are barely capable in the newest games. Of course when DX10 ships the slate will be wiped clean. Everything will be obsolete.

most games wont go complete dx10 for a LONG time (more time then our video cards will last)

I am so pissed to see my 6800Ultra struggle :rolleyes: O well.... there are SLI cards that runs 6-8 times faster than my 6800Ultra, better go get a job and grab some of that performance!
O well, I get decent fps at decent settings :)

aZn_plyR said:
I am so pissed to see my 6800Ultra struggle :rolleyes: O well.... there are SLI cards that runs 6-8 times faster than my 6800Ultra, better go get a job and grab some of that performance!
O well, I get decent fps at decent settings :)

I'd settle for a card like that for the next 3 years. :(

coolxboxgamer said:
most games wont go complete dx10 for a LONG time (more time then our video cards will last)

Yeah you'll be able to still play games 2 years from now on the current DX9 cards, but you'll be missing out. It won't be like DX9 when it took 1.5-2 years before games used the features. Crysis and other games will be out within 6 months to a year of the hardware release.
So they will definitely be obsolete pretty soon. Such is life in the pc gaming world.

azn_player, what settings do you play the demo on. I have similiar specs as your rig and I want to know if its worth it to download the demo.

Back