GRAW controls feel sluggish.

Bop

2[H]4U
Whenever I play GRAW there is always a significant delay from when I move in a direction or do an action. Sometimes it feels like over half a second. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Games like CoD 2 are perfectly fine.

I think the game itself is slow to respond...changing weapon and then firing it immediately seems like a slow process...Things often feel laboured, I would like more reflex to the guys movements and stuff...its quite annoying when you are trying to survive a firefight...you throw a grenade, try to switch back to a rifle which takes a a bit, then aim and fire the rifle which takes a bit longer and before you know it you're dead (I'm playing on hard, pretty much one hit and you're done for). Its pretty annoying...

This is a general thing, not an online or offline issue...the control system is just a bit slow i think...

Syphon Filter said:
I think the game itself is slow to respond...changing weapon and then firing it immediately seems like a slow process...Things often feel laboured, I would like more reflex to the guys movements and stuff...its quite annoying when you are trying to survive a firefight...you throw a grenade, try to switch back to a rifle which takes a a bit, then aim and fire the rifle which takes a bit longer and before you know it you're dead (I'm playing on hard, pretty much one hit and you're done for). Its pretty annoying...

This is a general thing, not an online or offline issue...the control system is just a bit slow i think...

ummm how is that annoying I dont understand.. it is suppose to simulate actually combat.. people dont switch weapons instantly ya know ;)

I personally felt that the whole game felt slow. Realistic or not, everything felt like it was moving underwater, including the framerate.
I was introduced to the game running side by side w/ CoD2 and it was tough to look at in comparison.

Tetrahedron said:
ummm how is that annoying I dont understand.. it is suppose to simulate actually combat.. people dont switch weapons instantly ya know ;)

If I wanted that I could go join the army...also in reality you wouldnt sling your rifle on your back to throw a grenade...and then re-shoulder it...would you?? Surely you'd just let it drop down and hang by its sling by your side or even just in one hand and then throw the nade with the other? IN GRAW the soldiers you are playing as your characters are supposed to be elite...i would certainly hope that todays elite forces can throw a grenade without having to totally put their rifle on their backs etc...changing weapon and then moving it to a firing position and actually firing off rounds would also be a quick and smooth process...even if you are using a scope...special forces guys could probably do that within a second...

Syphon Filter said:
If I wanted that I could go join the army...also in reality you wouldnt sling your rifle on your back to throw a grenade...and then re-shoulder it...would you?? Surely you'd just let it drop down and hang by its sling by your side or even just in one hand and then throw the nade with the other? IN GRAW the soldiers you are playing as your characters are supposed to be elite...i would certainly hope that todays elite forces can throw a grenade without having to totally put their rifle on their backs etc...changing weapon and then moving it to a firing position and actually firing off rounds would also be a quick and smooth process...even if you are using a scope...special forces guys could probably do that within a second...

i beg to differ.. if you were to equip and nade and then move into position to throw it so it actually goes where you want and not just rip one from your belt and slug into the air.. you would definitely need to sling your rifle.. i mean your sidearm is in its holister too.. you dont hold every weapon in your hands at once..

...i understand this is just a game and all.. it cant be 100% accurate, but if you just some run and gun twitch action go play something like UT.. this is a tactical game and its not run and gun spray and pray.

i believe this adds to the games realism, as it actually gives the weapons you are using weight, while in other games you can swing firearms around like they were feathers

Tetrahedron said:
i beg to differ.. if you were to equip and nade and then move into position to throw it so it actually goes where you want and not just rip one from your belt and slug into the air.. you would definitely need to sling your rifle.. i mean your sidearm is in its holister too.. you dont hold every weapon in your hands at once..

...i understand this is just a game and all.. it cant be 100% accurate, but if you just some run and gun twitch action go play something like UT.. this is a tactical game and its not run and gun spray and pray.

thank you for explaining it if you want some run and gun play some halo 2 or some socom this game is a sim

Tetrahedron said:
this is a tactical game and its not run and gun spray and pray.

I'm not disputing that...

What I am saying is that once a grenade is thrown, your hands are free. I am guessing (i'm not a soldier but I have had plenty of exposure and experience with rifles) that a special forces trained soldier could easily have his rifle up and in an aimed firing position within a second of having thrown the grenade...

There must be some soldiers on this forum...would love to hear what they have to say...I'm not asking for half life like weapon switching...perhaps its not so much the speed that I am taking issue with (it is a bit), more the fluidity... more fludity and some sense of urgency to what my character is doing would be nice...

Also I am by no means panning the game, I am enjoying it a lot, its just a little gripe...

By sluggish I just meant it felt laggy...

The aiming crosshair takes a second to move, while in CoD 2 it is normal. I used my wired controller and went back online, I think this is due to the low framerate. Go on the cove map and start sniping, sometimes when you zoom in the framerate will go down to about 15fps, totally unbearable and slow.

I, too, blame the framerate. It's not unplayable, but when you see it side-by-side with CoD it's frightening. Yes, it's more detailed but CoD's brightness and framerate overpower that side-by-side. When watching both demo'd at Best Buy, people were awe'd by CoD and basically ignoring GRAW.

Back