Grand Theft Auto V

is anybody using AMD VSR to play 4K resolution? currently I'm using NV DSR(4K) in
GTA5 and it's so great, apparently outperforms FHD in image quality and shows more
details, but I may perchase a 390(x) when AMD releases its new cards, don't know if
AMD's VSR functions well or not?

(currently I don't have any desire to buy a 4K monitor)

Game runs extremely smooth, everything on the highest settings, @1440p and 2xMSAA and I get a steady 60fps with 60%~75% GPU usage with x2 780TI. With Vsync off I get 80fps~120fps

This is a piece of shit. The cars are way to loose. What a waste of money.

hFDwE8n.jpg

This is a piece of shit. The cars are way to loose. What a waste of money.

Hey, you're welcome to your opinion, sorry you feel like you got ripped off. While driving is certainly a big component a lot of people like it more (myself included) for gunfights/etc.. and are thoroughly enjoying it. Also, if you haven't put much time into it, try putting some upgrades on your favorite vehicle, it might make a big difference.

I am using a KPutt ReShade that adds SMAA and some other small graphic improvements. Makes the game look much better in a subtle way. SMAA is just so much better than FXAA.

Here are some image comparisons. They are subtle but help the IQ alot IMO. These are not my images.

with Kputt Reshade ON :http://i.picpar.com/Xytb.png

with Kput Reshade OFF http://i.picpar.com/Wytb.png

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3434/

I'm using this one. K putts presets are normally way too dark for my liking. Personally I don't see how anyone is playing this game without sweetfx, completely changes the look and feel of everything

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3468/

Is there anyway to get HOTAS working for flight? The keyboard/mouse controls for aircraft are icky.

Is there anyway to get HOTAS working for flight? The keyboard/mouse controls for aircraft are icky.

If you jumped through some hoops with an Xbox 360 controller emulator, you could probably get it working, but the flight mechanics aren't really worth the trouble (I don't think the throttle is even on an analog slider, so that would be even more frustrating with a HOTAS). Getting a controller, preferably an Xbox one, is your best bet.

Still amazed how well this game runs. Have every option and slider maxed out (minus motion blur and depth of field) with dsr @ 3820x2160 + smaa (which looks better than all In game aa) pushing 40-60 fps. Smaa injector eats about 20 fps avg but so worth it

Running 970 sli @ 4k and am super pleased as well.

Out of curiosity, did anyone run into any issues with WMP not being installed in the first place? I don't have it and haven't had it since day 1 of my Windows 8 install. Everything installed fine for me.

Out of curiosity, did anyone run into any issues with WMP not being installed in the first place? I don't have it and haven't had it since day 1 of my Windows 8 install. Everything installed fine for me.

Prior to the most recent update, the game would refuse to install on Windows Server 2012 R2 without enabling a crapload of additional features and then downloading WMP from Microsoft.

NVIDIA's released their Grand Theft Auto V PC Graphics & Performance Guide and it is not for the faint of heart.

I made a summation of their results because its a long read.

Different video memory sizes, different generation cards, AMD cards and different CPUs may give a another % difference.
(note the numbers are fps only not % difference, to reduce clutter)
Excuse the odd 0.5fps error, they didnt provide raw figures.
For the difference in visual effect, check the guides images.
It will help to read the guide because in some situations the numbers can vary a lot.

These are the fps results for their setup:
Titan X SLI, i7 5960x @ 4.4GHz, Win 8.1 x64, 2880x1640 res

Soft shadows:
62 Sharp
60.5 Soft
59.5 Softer
57 Softest
55 AMD CHS
54.5 Nvidia PCSS

Anisotropic filtering 0-16x: practically no difference.

DirectX:
73 DX10
76 DX11 (DX10 settings)
70 DX10.1
72 DX11 (DX10.1 settings)
61 DX11

Distance scaling: 84 - 78 (0% - 100%)

Extended distance scaling: 83 - 64 (0% - 100%)

Extended shadow distance: 57 - 53 (0% - 100%)

Grass quality:
57 Normal
46 High
38 Very high
33 Ultra

High detail streaming: 72 - 68 (off - on)

High resolution shadows: 79 - 76 (off - on)

DOF: 68 - 66 (off - on)

Long shadows: 67 - 64 (off - on)

Particles quality:
65 Normal
63 High
61.5 Very high

Population density:
67 0%
64 50%
63 100%

Post FX:
69.5 Normal
68 High
63 Very high
61 Ultra

Reflection quality:
95 Normal
93 High
88.5 Very high
74 Ultra

Reflection MSAA:
69 0x
68 2x
67 4x
64 8x

Shader quality:
69.5 Normal
64 High
62.5 Very high

Shadow quality:
71 Normal
68 High
59.5 Very high

Tesselation:
62 Off
59.5 Normal
59 High
58 Very high

Texture quality: 67 - 66 (normal - V high)

Water quality:
66 Normal
64 High
62.5 Very high

I'm looking at a decent amount of stuttering during driving sequences with my rig in the signature. I don't have any MSAA turned on as I'm playing at 3840x2160. I assumed 6GB of VRAM and my 4 Titans would be up to the task but apparently I'm going to have to turn down some settings. As the stuttering happens about once every 10-20 seconds while driving and loading new areas I assume my issue is running over my VRAM limit. Looking at my VRAM usage it sits at 5.5 GB mostly all the time.

The nvidia guide helped me to determine how I can turn some things down to free up some VRAM usage that I may not notice playing the game. I've moved my pagefile to an SSD and stripped my startup options bare, but I think I may just be running out of VRAM at 3840x2160. Anyone else have similar symptoms? By my searching it appears that google and duckduckgo agree that I'm not the only one that needs to turn some things down.

Personally I don't see how anyone is playing this game without sweetfx, completely changes the look and feel of everything

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3468/

Not for the better judging by those comparison screens. Getting rid of the atmosphere and adding a pretty harsh sharpen filter aren't necessarily improvements, but to each his own. Too many graphics mods have a "more contrast = better" mentality.

Online Garage editor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WWT72_iLJQ

So much for cheat protection. And this is hosted on a legit GTA 5 modding website.

Yup.

I'm just at the point where, if I don't see a dedicated server setup, I don't view the prospects of that particular game's online very highly and don't invest much into it.

Rockstar has done a lot of things right here with GTA 5 on the PC. I really hope they can elevate GTA:O to its full potential.

Have you checked with 3 and 2 cards?
It could be an SLI issue.

I may try to limit the game to 3 or 2 cards. 4-way so far has been helping me out on some games (Crysis 3, FarCry 4) much better than when I had my 3-way setup going.

I'm looking at a decent amount of stuttering during driving sequences with my rig in the signature. I don't have any MSAA turned on as I'm playing at 3840x2160. I assumed 6GB of VRAM and my 4 Titans would be up to the task but apparently I'm going to have to turn down some settings. As the stuttering happens about once every 10-20 seconds while driving and loading new areas I assume my issue is running over my VRAM limit. Looking at my VRAM usage it sits at 5.5 GB mostly all the time.

The nvidia guide helped me to determine how I can turn some things down to free up some VRAM usage that I may not notice playing the game. I've moved my pagefile to an SSD and stripped my startup options bare, but I think I may just be running out of VRAM at 3840x2160. Anyone else have similar symptoms? By my searching it appears that google and duckduckgo agree that I'm not the only one that needs to turn some things down.

Turning off vsync fixed this for me. The occasional tearing sucks but it's better then the odd hitching.

Not for the better judging by those comparison screens. Getting rid of the atmosphere and adding a pretty harsh sharpen filter aren't necessarily improvements, but to each his own. Too many graphics mods have a "more contrast = better" mentality.

He actually had a different preset and different screenshots using sweetfx 2.0 + reshade on version 1.0. Looks like he updates to version 1.5 with sweetfx 1.5 and those screenshots aren't too impressive. Quentin Tarantino has some good presets also

I broke down and bought the game. I figured it was worth it now for the laughs and good times with friends then in the near future. I love the game so far. It's really working my computer to it's fullest!

Anyone want to knock out some heists and missions let me know. My Rockstar name is CSHawkeye.

Turning off vsync fixed this for me. The occasional tearing sucks but it's better then the odd hitching.
There's a known glitch with vsync in this game where, in situations when your machine cannot maintain 60 FPS, vsync will lock the framerate at 30 FPS. The workaround is to alt+tab/alt+enter out and then back in. You only have to do this once. There was some discussion about this several pages back.

GTAV isn't the only game to suffer from this problem. There are many DX11 titles (Dying Light, Far Cry series, Arkham City, etc.) that have funky vsync behavior. The solution is always to switch to windowed mode, then back to full screen. I believe this problem is inherent to DX11 and how it handles vsync.

so i just bought an ssd drive to through gta5 on. does anyone know how to back up the saved game?
i dont need to back up the whole game just my story mode. i dont want to lose my progress.

so i just bought an ssd drive to through gta5 on. does anyone know how to back up the saved game?
i dont need to back up the whole game just my story mode. i dont want to lose my progress.

You can move the program without it affecting the saves.

If you want to back up your saves and settings, go here
Windrive:\Users\%user%\Documents\Rockstar Games\...

looking for humane raid or series A funding finale

i've been wanting to complete these two heists. If you have access can you please invite me? Add me in game or send invite please

social club name is clinthoward

As mentioned by a few others, if you have Vsync on, Alt-Tab out and back in to the game and it will clear frame buffering issues. Alt-Enter doesn't work for me.

Bah, all the posts here finally tipped me over the edge and I bought it on Steam about 10 minutes ago. In about an hour I'll see if its as good as most people seem to say it is.

Was bored with most of the things I've been re/playing lately anyway, and this should last a while hopefully.

Back