Grand Theft Auto V

Sounds like a fun game, I am optimistic it will have CrossFire support by Christmas!

It's hard to believe anyone could play this game on a PS3 or Xbox 360. But when they're used to decade-old blurry textures, it must still look good to even the most critical of console kiddies. ;)

I suspect that more people buying it for PC will have an IQ closer to the PS3 then the PC picture because of their PC specs. Remember bleeding edge PC's as still the exception rather than the rule.

According to Steam's hardware survey roughly half it's users have 1GB or less of VRAM
and play at resolutions lower then 1080p.

It's hard to believe anyone could play this game on a PS3 or Xbox 360. But when they're used to decade-old blurry textures, it must still look good to even the most critical of console kiddies. ;)

The game was essentially created with the 360 and PS3 in mind. We're getting a deluxe edition of an older game. By the same token, they could very easily say "it's hard to believe those PC idiots waited 2 years for a old game with a spit polish." I'm one of those idiots, but they would be mostly right.

By the same token, they could very easily say "it's hard to believe those PC idiots waited 2 years for a old game with a spit polish." I'm one of those idiots, but they would be mostly right.

I'd rather wait 2 years than buy a console. *shudder*

Preloaded the game on Saturday morning at 15mb (got up early!), only took between 1-2 hours or so if I recall. I'm ready to kill me some pigs/blow shit up at 7PM (EST) tonight. So stoked I can hardly contain it!

Me, too.

Last edited:
Yeah it's supposedly 7PM EST for the digital versions, but technically, the box version is to be released April 14th, so that's the "OFFICIAL" release day.

Beyond idiotic, but whatever.

I thought tomorrow was the release day, not today?

Yup, I'm off to a bad start this Monday. You're right.

Yeah it's supposedly 7PM EST for the digital versions, but technically, the box version is April 14th, so that's the "OFFICIAL" release day.

Beyond idiotic, but whatever.

If that's 7pm today then I can't feel bad about it since they're "cheating" on their own technical release date.

Yup.

We've waited this long.. we'll survive. *mutters and grumbles* :p

I hear you. I've got a bunch of bs to get done today before 7PM anyway, so it's keeping my mind off it (hell it's already lunch time, which is great!).

Well, I finally caved...I figured there was little chance of this being much cheaper before the annual Summer sale, and even if it does go on sale before then, I want to play it nao!

This is pretty much the only franchise that I look forward to enough to:

1) Preorder, which I never do
2) Pay full price, which I rarely do
3) Disregard every other game that I might be playing right now in order to dive headfirst into this one

Part of it is to show support for Rockstar...I want to buy this to confirm to them that it was worth their time not only to bring it to PC, but to make it the best version of the game.

I pulled it down last week via Amazon's software downloader at about 2MB/s... Took about 15 hours but it's done and patched!

7drHiqr.gif

I pulled it down last week via Amazon's software downloader at about 2MB/s... Took about 15 hours but it's done and patched!

Anyone know of a way to preload the game without having a key? It doesn't look like I'll receive my key before some point tomorrow (purchased from CDKeyHouse) and I'd really like to get that 60 GB download started ASAP.

The torrent version is RGSC so it will work.
You just need to enter your key in the launcher (don't use a crack obviously).

If you don't feel safe, well... Keep waiting.

Well, I finally caved...I figured there was little chance of this being much cheaper before the annual Summer sale, and even if it does go on sale before then, I want to play it nao!

This is pretty much the only franchise that I look forward to enough to:

1) Preorder, which I never do
2) Pay full price, which I rarely do
3) Disregard every other game that I might be playing right now in order to dive headfirst into this one

Part of it is to show support for Rockstar...I want to buy this to confirm to them that it was worth their time not only to bring it to PC, but to make it the best version of the game.

Full price wise, it was on sale for like $48 on greenman, just saying.

Yep. I have no issue paying $60 to have it in my Steam lib with all the other GTAs. :)

I'm sure I've saved that $12 hundreds of times over by buying other games on sale...it's all good.

Yep. I have no issue paying $60 to have it in my Steam lib with all the other GTAs. :)

I'm sure I've saved that $12 hundreds of times over by buying other games on sale...it's all good.

It's not a steamworks game though, is it? You're still downloading from the rockstar server...? I might be completely off base here, but I think that's why I didn't do Steam (though I wanted to, my steam library is massive).

Can't wait. Ordered my copy from GMG yesterday and preloaded it without realizing that it wasn't a Steam copy :\ Oh well, just excited to finally play it.

According to the launcher, it should unlock at 7PM EST. I was under the impression that it wasn't launching until the 14th?

EDIT:

And I really hope that Rockstar fixed the FPS mode for the PC release. From the limited time I spent on the PS4 version, I didn't like it at all. It felt way too clunky. I have to assume that R* would know they'll get raked over the coals if they didn't improve it for the PC.

Can't wait. Ordered my copy from GMG yesterday for 45 and preloaded it without realizing that it wasn't a Steam copy :\ Oh well, just excited to finally play it.

According to the launcher, it should unlock at 7PM EST. I was under the impression that it wasn't launching until the 14th?

7PM EST for digital, have to wait until midnight tonight to get a physical copy though.

It's not a steamworks game though, is it? You're still downloading from the rockstar server...? I might be completely off base here, but I think that's why I didn't do Steam (though I wanted to, my steam library is massive).

Seemed like a normal steam game to me. Downloaded at 35Mbps.

It's going to be like a Uplay or Games for Windows game where it launches the Rockstar Social Club Launcher before launching the actual game.

Seemed like a normal steam game to me. Downloaded at 35Mbps.

Yes sir, it's in your library like your other games, but it'll open up other shit (like rockstar's software) to function. I guess it's not that big of an issue really, as it's like playing Assassin's Creed on Steam, and then it opens up UPlay too. But I did like the $20 savings I had on it from greenmangaming.

It's going to be like a Uplay or Games for Windows game where it launches the Rockstar Social Club Launcher before launching the actual game.

Yep, I posted too late without reading. Thanks :)

Oh OK. Thanks for the heads up. Sort of wish I'd of ordered it on Steam now :\ Oh well, not a big deal I guess.

Dumb question for anyone already pre-loaded. When you open the launcher, do you notice your GPU usage spiking? My GPU, without the launcher open, idles with 0% load. With the launcher open, its showing a consistent 61% usage. It seems a little excessive for a simple game launcher.

Yes, the launcher uses a lot of CPU and GPU simultaneously.
Locks me to around 20-25% of both. I'm pretty sure R* is mining with our rigs.

Oh OK. Thanks for the heads up. Sort of wish I'd of ordered it on Steam now :\ Oh well, not a big deal I guess.

Dumb question for anyone already pre-loaded. When you open the launcher, do you notice your GPU usage spiking? My GPU, without the launcher open, idles with 0% load. With the launcher open, its showing a consistent 61% usage. It seems a little excessive for a simple game launcher.

I noticed it as well earlier when I saw idling my GPU temps were at 60c with pre-load open.

So the GMG keys wont work on Steam?

Back