Grand Theft Auto V Patched

HardOCP News

[H] News
Blue's News has all the info on the patch for the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V.

• Players can no longer purchase more vehicles than their properties can store.
  • Players can now launch a video card benchmark test from the main menu.
  • Fixed an issue where facial features would not save correctly when transferring a character from Xbox 360 or PS3 and changing genders while editing the character's appearance.
  • Fixed an issue where players could become stuck in the clouds when voting to quick restart the Humane Labs Heist.
  • Fixed an issue where markers in the Rockstar Editor could not be deleted with the mouse.
  • Fixed various audio recording issues with Rockstar Editor clips.
  • Fixed an issue where the Yacht would not appear in some recorded Rockstar Editor clips.
  • Fixed a rare issue where some Rockstar Editor clips could not be opened for editing.
  • Fixed an issue where the GTAV Launcher would not display the correct amount of time remaining for file downloads.
  • The Steam overlay has been moved to prevent it from covering up Launcher buttons.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would not save your settings when restarting in some instances.
  • Fixed a rare issue where the Steam version of the game would crash right after launching.
  • Windows Media Player is no longer required to install GTAV. Instead, Windows Media Foundation will be required.
  • Fixed an issue where the game would show the pause menu without player input.
  • Fixed an issue where the max frame rate would be incorrectly low in rare cases.

Its really nice to see RS or any game dev addressing issues quickly. This is how its done!

Its really nice to see RS or any game dev addressing issues quickly. This is how its done!

Couldn't agree more. All of the delays and nonsense around this release scared most of us, but they have really gone above and beyond with this release. I have almost no complaints at all.

I wonder if this fixed the stuttering issue. I'll install this when I get home but there is crazy stutter in some areas.

I wonder if this fixed the stuttering issue. I'll install this when I get home but there is crazy stutter in some areas.

If you're talking about SLI and Crossfire stutter, this patch does seem to have helped a bit. Things feel smoother, but it might be a placebo effect.

does this fix the crashes in missions where it switches to birds eye view between characters?

how about occasional crashes when shooting while driving?

"Players can now launch a video card benchmark test from the main menu"

haha I mean why wasnt that in the release? let me think is it not logical to run a bench from the title screen/menu?

Makes me wonder, when I buy it when it drops to half price (maybe Steam Christmas sale?), am I going to have to download the entire 60GB game, then another 30+GB of patches?? :D

Makes me wonder, when I buy it when it drops to half price (maybe Steam Christmas sale?), am I going to have to download the entire 60GB game, then another 30+GB of patches?? :D

Would be a one time download, Steam replaces repaired files in patches to the actual game download, so yeah, just one, big, 60GB download

this patch does not fix the birds eye view character changing.

Blitz Play mission still crashes when switching to Michael after franklin blows up the trash truck

I'm not cutting Rockstar any slack at all. All these delays to "make the game perfect" as they put it and two patches within a week. Perfect my ass. And they are not done yet, still bugs in the streets of GTA 5 and I'm not talking cockroaches.

I had some minor stutter with extended draw distance. I lowered the extended distance and increased the shaders to very high and I can't really complain now.

I'm not cutting Rockstar any slack at all. All these delays to "make the game perfect" as they put it and two patches within a week. Perfect my ass. And they are not done yet, still bugs in the streets of GTA 5 and I'm not talking cockroaches.
That's why honestly it pays to practice delayed gratification, something most of us can't do these days. If you can wait a few months, the movies will be out on bluray and games will be patched and video drivers updated and probably on sale. And if you do that for all games, you save a ton, and really you still get new games available with the same period of wait in between, you're just 3 months behind schedule.

I'll let other peeps with more time and money than me do free beta testing, heh!

Good. Go be angry in the corner.

This game launched 100x better than most PC releases these days.

my cd key is said to be already activated.... well i had to activate to connect it to social club... now i cant download it...says product key is already in use.... i ordered on april 9th... still now answer from Rockstar support

Back