Grand Theft Auto 5's First PC Patch Corrects Login Bug

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Well, that didn’t take long at all, did it? Grand Theft Auto 5 finally makes it to the PC and less than a week after it launches, has already received a well-deserved patch. Patch 1.01 addresses a myriad of launch bugs that have surfaced on the PC version.

Patch 1.01 fixes a problem arising from Windows usernames that featured characters other than alphanumeric (the letters A to Z, or numerals 0 through 9).

I bought it a few days after launch and there have been a few more updates before this one.
One thing that was fixed was the Launcher occupying a large amount of CPU by running at a framerate of 1000's !

This isnt the first patch.

Not sure if those first two downloads before this patch were actual patches ie. fixes. I did the pre-load. I figure the pre-load didn't contain everything, for security reasons. But who knows. Nice to see a changelog show up. iFruit app support will be nice.

Rockstar still hasn't fixed the " PRODUCT CODE ALREADY IN USE" problem i am having..and alot of others as well. I pre-ordered from GreemanGaming.... downloaded the launcher... set up my Social Club account...when i run the launcher..its asked to check my Product key then states " its already in use" A LOT of people cant play the game we paid for because of this...and it SUCKS... i have 3 tickets in with support...and still no answer.

I've had the game since Friday and I still can't play. No connection error for the day 1 patch. Have been trying bit a big fat ...no go!!! I submitted a support ticket too... Still nothing... Its Sunday night now....lol

I've had the game since Friday and I still can't play. No connection error for the day 1 patch. Have been trying bit a big fat ...no go!!! I submitted a support ticket too... Still nothing... Its Sunday night now....lol

Have you tried running the launcher as admin?

i get crashes when it zooms out/in between characters

also sometimes while driving/aiming/shooting

I wanna say, this is why I'm a physical box-kind of gamer, but it was annoying to sit around for hours installing the 7 DVDs, to launch it and have it download 10+gb more online.. Bah.

I wish they'd fix the "stocks webpage", it opens the wrong stock you click on.. really lame, like looking for the right one in the dark. Other than this I haven't seen anything really buggy still.

Back