GPU's Failing..

overlord20

Gawd
I have SLI 260's and I am pretty sure they are starting to fail. Is what happens, My monitor will go blank and say "Not connected" and I will have to reboot. I will not show anything, no post or anything until the windows 7 log in screen comes up. This is really bothering me and I need to get this fixed. Any Ideas.

If it recovers it says my Nvidia drivers failed, BUT I have reinstalled them a dozen tim

I haven't tried to remove one GPU yet, but I have reinstalled the drivers a lot. I will try 1 GPU when I get back Sunday, but its likley to not do it for awhile again. What bothers me mainly is that it will post and what not, but it won't show up on the screen until the W7 login.

Last edited:
When you've 'reinstalled' your drivers 'a dozen times' are you using a program to clean out the old drivers after uninstalling before reinstalling? IE A third party driver removal tool just in case? Besides that,are there any bios updates available for your eVGA board? This sounds like something that might possibly be fixed with a bios update if its been occuring infrequently since you first built your system and has just become a bit more frequent over time.

I use revo uninstaller... and this has just been happening recently.. infrequently to more frequently over the last few weeks.

The error logs don't show anything but the unexpected restart from the hard reboot that is required. I found it was the GPU by the "Nvidia Drivers 2XX.XX have failed and recovered". But If this is hardware related I want to find out by mid week so I can get it fixed fast.

Last edited:
try the cards one at a time to see if you can find a bad one.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Here is more info, haven't got try individual cards yet.

gpuissue.png

The exact error that I get IF it recovers.

Tried single cards and they both worked.. Bios showed up both times, didn't experience the error. Reseated both in SLI and haven't got the error yet. I herd this is happening a lot. We will see.

Last edited:
Back