Got kicked from TF2 server for being good I Guess?

and that is why you won't find me on L4D or TF2....
Does that seriously happen to you that often that it warrants you to stay away from two great games (I've only played TF2, I still do, never played L4D, going by reviews)? Then you are really missing out. You have to have a better reason not to play TF2. Anyways that sucks that happened to you OP. Just find a group of guys, I play with the [BROS] on Boom Factory; great group of guys and good server.

As you get good you'll learn to accept being kicked/banned for cheating as a compliment and a sign that you're getting better.

Take it in your stride, there's plenty of good servers out there for you to join, it's no big deal

In online games, reputation is definitely key to staying on admins' good sides. The higher people's expectations are of you as a player, the more people tend to let you get away with in terms of your performance before doubt of cheating starts creeping into their heads. Having a clan tag in front of your name helps a little (looks slightly less suspicious), having a well known clan tag obviously helps a whole lot. Playing with a group of people you know, who can vouch for you if you get kicked. If there are particular servers you like, then it's best to get to know the admins and be friendly. Being out going tends to put peoples' minds at ease. Being a loner as well as a good performer tends to draw trouble sooner or later.

With steam it certainly helps a lot. Everyone is able to see who your friends are, it acts like a reference list on a resume.

I see that a lot playing on an older system. As spy, I routinely get Bonesawed from medics that appear to be a good 15 or 20 feet away. Can be frusterating at times but I never bitch about it.
Welcome to TF2. What appears on your screen isn't what is actually happening. I play a lot with a 50ms ping on a decent PC and I still manage to get batted, burned, or sawed from what appears to be a safe distance from the opponent. That's just how the net code works... AND IT SUCKS. So, sometimes when I think people are out of reach I still use my melee weapon and usually end up hitting or killing them, heh.

I like the game but it's got some retarded net code.

Every online FPS game I've spent time playing, I've been kicked from... Even the first night I started playing COD online.. I was booted from every server I joined.. Since then I've never played COD online. IMO online FPS gaming is for noobs.. The high majority of players just blow.. TF2 is a prime example, as even the admins do not understand the game mechanics.

I've always been a competitive but fair online gamer. I'm always the one saying 'gg' or nice shot.. I stick to LANs to compete and pretty much never play online anymore. I have better things to do then deal with such idiocy.

there are some real bad online players. Some see themselves as some type of I am great and if you kill me you are cheating. I have seen this most in COD4. I killed one guy 3 times and this guy says he is a hack, I was kicked for hacking...my score was 8 and 3. WOW I must have the crappiest aimbot in the world.
SO how is anyone kicked from these games for being too good, or even just lucky.
Remember that most servers monitored at some point, and they are trying to get rid of the hacks that the so called anti hacker software can't catch. They try but some are just stupid or really don't know what a hack is or looks like so they listen to anyone shouting hack.

djoye made a very good point on this code crap. BF2 started doing something that was the F of the online world. They tried to make it "FAIR" for high ping players. So they screwed everyone else by introducing latency into their game. They got it totally f'd up and the lower ping players got screwed big time. ANOTHER game co that wants eveyone to have fun, no matter who we F.

Your not the first nor will you be the last to be kicked for that reason. I got kicked from a game of Forza 2 a few weeks ago because I kept winning.

Every online FPS game I've spent time playing, I've been kicked from... Even the first night I started playing COD online.. I was booted from every server I joined.. Since then I've never played COD online. IMO online FPS gaming is for noobs.. The high majority of players just blow.. TF2 is a prime example, as even the admins do not understand the game mechanics.

I've always been a competitive but fair online gamer. I'm always the one saying 'gg' or nice shot.. I stick to LANs to compete and pretty much never play online anymore. I have better things to do then deal with such idiocy.

There's some truth to this...it's a far cry from the QWTF days and the old IRON league. Most players out there are pretty damn bad (and quite a few of them are whiners and think their shit don't stink...) and there are only a handful TF2 pub servers that have pretty good players as regulars (eGO is one of them).

I would love to get back into competitive gaming, but just don't have the time anymore and have to settle on pubs :(

Your not the first nor will you be the last to be kicked for that reason. I got kicked from a game of Forza 2 a few weeks ago because I kept winning.

Got kicked from a Burnout Paradise online game for MASSIVE TAKEDOWNS. Wasn't even using the 4x4. I pulled the Annihilator Phoenix on their asses.

Back