Got an Ipod Mini, wondering what case to get now

jakuum

Limp Gawd
So I bought a Mini to listen to music in my car (yay apple refurbs!), since the stock audio system has an aux in. Now I'm wondering what case to get. I was leaning towards this case from Belkin, since it also protects the screen and has a liner on the inside, but was wondering if anyone had any experience with this case, or if there are any other recommended cases. Gracias.

i never had a case on my mini and never had any problems with scuffs or scratches. the aluminum is pretty tough and the screen is fairly hard to scratch.

I never had a case on my silver mini either, the anodized aluminum is basically indistructable. I dropped it many times, no scractches, looked like it did from day 1, perfect :D

Hmm, guess I'll hold off on the case then. Would getting some invisible shields for the clickwheel and screen be a good idea? Or should I just let the mini go commando.

Commando! I have had my mini naked for 4 years and she still looks brand new, except for two dents when I accidentally dropped her. Other than that, my click wheel is a little dirty but no problems. My ipod mini passed away 3 months ago but I have moved on...

Hmmz, then I may just get a click wheel invisible guard. having dirty white clickwheel would probably annoy me to no end =x.

Yeah, their cases tend to be resistant to appearance damage if you treat them well. I would say a carefully placed shield to cover the click wheel from staining and dirt getting between the openings and a cover over the screen itself are about all you necessarily need.

I would look more for a decent dock to hold the ipod in place, to maybe control it with a remote (I know seems silly in the confined spaces of a car) and particularly charge it (if I recall they don't have the life quite like the nano's do today).

If yo do get a case, buy one from eBay they are much cheaper then stores.
I think $40.00 is much to pricey for a small leather case.

Ja,so far I have a ram din from sik in the mail and my monster firewire charger from ebay arrived today. I"m thinking about just leaving it in the armrest storage compartment. I've thought about getting a tunedok from belkin but while I could take out the ipod, it would be a annoying to remove the tunedok each time I left the car for long periods of time, where I couldn't see it. I figure having a Tunedok might give someone the idea that I have something valuable in the car =x.

Back