Got a high end system here with no freakin' X800XT to play with!!

Rob94hawk

2[H]4U
So I ordered an x800xt from Gateway back in June 3rd. Doubt I'll ever see one from them.

So does anyone have a clue when they'll show up in bulk? Or is my rig going to sit here and collect dust for another 3 months?

well dont you have a spare card that you could use untill your x800xt arrives?

Yeah, I have an ATI Rage Pro 16MB........

I might be able to play Zork with that at 1600x1200....

Ewww^

I to want a x800xtpe but I chose to just wait for them to hit stores. Got way tired of the ship date bumps. Might get a 6800UE if it arrives a lot sooner. I also wanted to pay for my card now, and not when it was shipped. I have the money to complete my new rig now. I might not a month or two from now. So I just went to BestBuy (since I hate CompUSA) and bought a $550 gift certificate. When the card comes in, if ever, well there you have it. A quick drive and I'm in business.

*prays* God, please give Samsung a swift kick in the ass so I can get an awesome card with great memory? Thanks.

Rob94hawk said:
So I ordered an x800xt from Gateway back in June 3rd. Doubt I'll ever see one from them.

So does anyone have a clue when they'll show up in bulk? Or is my rig going to sit here and collect dust for another 3 months?

same here, new system sitting in the box still, wiating for my x800xt to come from compusa.

ShowMeThe$$$$$$ said:
Ewww^

I to want a x800xtpe but I chose to just wait for them to hit stores. Got way tired of the ship date bumps. Might get a 6800UE if it arrives a lot sooner. I also wanted to pay for my card now, and not when it was shipped. I have the money to complete my new rig now. I might not a month or two from now. So I just went to BestBuy (since I hate CompUSA) and bought a $550 gift certificate. When the card comes in, if ever, well there you have it. A quick drive and I'm in business.

*prays* God, please give Samsung a swift kick in the ass so I can get an awesome card with great memory? Thanks.

I'd rather get the card I wanted instead of getting one 2 weeks earlier and then in two weeks you go, "that was so short, i wish i had my x800xtpe"

ATI pulled the X800XT PE from their website. That's not a good sign. I guess buying one from them is impossible as well.

Rob94hawk said:
ATI pulled the X800XT PE from their website. That's not a good sign. I guess buying one from them is impossible as well.
ATI's online store is funny. They sell the 9800XT for 499 and the X800 Pro for 399.

Rob94hawk said:
Yeah, I have an ATI Rage Pro 16MB........

I might be able to play Zork with that at 1600x1200....
That will not fit newer motherboards at all. And even if it did, the 3.3V-only AGP support would fry your new system's mobo (which accepts only 1.5V and 0.8V cards).

Back