Got a feeling i'm not getting credit for these

Catfish449

Gawd
One of my rigs went offline for a bit. While it was offline, all three GPU clients finished their current WU's. When I got it back online, gave it time to download new WU's, then checked on everything.

All three GPU clients downloaded the same project. (R10, C141, G23) Something tells me that I am not going to be getting credit for two of these.

Can anyone shed any light on this, or is all well?

Fish :confused:

I know this has been discussed before, and the theory is that Pande might send out duplicate WUs to double-check the results. I know I've gotten duplicates before but haven't really noticed a dip in PPD. I'm sure someone else has more info.

yeah they will send out duplicates to recheck info and yes you will get points for them even though they are the exact same unit.. its very similar to how WCG does it on boinc though in WCG you can check the progress of every duplicate WU.. so to get points in WCG its avged out by all the people that ran the duplicate.. F@H does this as well but you usually dont notice it since its rare you ever get a duplicate of the WU you are running.. but in those rare cases it happens.. im not sure how many duplicates of each WU F@H run.. i know WCG it varies between 2-7 copies of the WU.. in the end it makes it easier for PG because if 2 or 3 of the duplicates fail they can just discard all of them instead of having a billion unique WU's and then wondering which ones are bad and which ones are good..

The only time I ever see this occurring is with the GPU client, and it's only if two or more clients happen to be downloading new WUs at exactly the same time. I do see duplicates fairly often but I have many GPU clients running unlike most people here. This gives me the impression that Stanford frequently sends multiple copies of the same WU, although I have no idea how many identical WUs are actually released.

From looking at the points this morning, it does look like I got credit for all three. I just thought it odd that I got three of the same on the same machine. There again, they did all download at exactly the same time.

And, I broke 3M points at the 1am update..........:D:D:D

Fish :cool:

From looking at the points this morning, it does look like I got credit for all three. I just thought it odd that I got three of the same on the same machine. There again, they did all download at exactly the same time.

Nice to see you did get credit, and contgrats on the Milestone!

Congrats man! I find that wierd too, but I guess as others said they wanted to verify the results. I have always heard that Stanford never sends out duplicate work units, but maybe they do after all.

The only time I ever see this occurring is with the GPU client, and it's only if two or more clients happen to be downloading new WUs at exactly the same time.

I just restarted one boxen, and it pulled three of the same GPU workunit. I think you're right about if you happen to request multiple WU at the same time.

I had the same thing happen to me when I was running dual 8800's in my X6 box...Kinda freaked me out at first but I did indeed get points for them..

Back