Got a Dreamcast, where do I get games?

Okay long story short I turned 33 yesterday and my Dad gives me a Dreamcast, RFU adapter, an 1 controller and a few crap games. If anyone can help me with this I need a better connection for this thing an so far all I can find is S-video cables on ebay for $9.99, is this the best connection I'm going to get with the Dreamcast?

I was wanting to hook it up in the livingroom to my 42LG, I have a 65" in the man cave but the bigger the picture the worse the visuals are going to be with this thing and it has S-video but I also have vga & dvi & component on the 42 so any suggestions of what an where to purchase the best cables for it.

I can pickup a vmu on ebay for 9 bucks and I need a good source for games, all I have around here is Gamestop.

Last edited:
If you have anything to give up, shoot for Goozex. Trade in one new-ish game for 1000 points, get 3-4 or even 5 older DC games. SCORE.

You should research which version of the dreamcast you have. Maybe you won't have to buy any games... hint hint

You should research which version of the dreamcast you have. Maybe you won't have to buy any games... hint hint

All dreamcasts work.

Don't get the Svideo cables. Get the VGA cables for 480p!

Wow VGA boxes for the dreamcast have shot up in price. I got my 3rd party unit for $15-ish. (the same one on ebay is $30 now)

Ebay and cheap ass gamer forums. Theres also a couple dudes on here that'll sell you some. I dumped all mine that werent rare a while back.

soul caliber. best game that came out for it.

the legend still burns....

if you live in orange county there is a store in fullerton called games4less that sells everything back to the original Nintendo games. on top of that they have consoles and controlers for the super nintendo forward.

Plus you can burn the games onto a cd-r if you find a place to download it (not saying torrent if there are ppl who want to accuse me of promoting piracy) and the dreamcast will be able to read the disks

Well depending on your Dreamcast, Either a Utopia Boot CD or No Boot CD. Just google it.

It's been a while, but I bought a half dozen DC games on eBay a few years ago. I haven't looked lately, but I had no trouble finding copies of titles that were brand new, still shrink wrapped.

Look for SKies of Arcadia. Best RPG i have ever played.

Great game! Another RPG I liked was Grandia II.

I own both and they're great RPGs, so I would recommend those to any new Dreamcast user, looking for a good role playing game. There's a lot of great games, in just about every genre: Crazy Taxi, Jet Grind Radio, MDK 2, NFL2K1, Rayman 2, Soul Calibur, Toy Commander, Virtual On, etc.

So many great games, I don't even know where to start, I should take a pic of my collection (over 100... I had a problem in middle/high school...)

Don't forget

jhdh7s.jpg

I guess you don't live in the UK, but if you did you should use a SCART cable.

Anyway:
RE:Code Veronica.
Trickstyle.
Virtua Tennis.
MDK 2.
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX.
Skies of Arcadia.
Sonic.
Metropolis Street Racer.
Jet Set Radio.
Soul Calibur.
Shenmue 1&2.
Marvel vs. Capcom.
NFL 2K1.
NBA 2K1 or 2.
Grandia II.
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver.

Just look around and you'll find them at the price of a CD-Rom.

EDIT: just found this list - should point you in the right direction.
http://gameratio.cheatcodesgalore.com/dreamcast/topgames.php

Plus you can burn the games onto a cd-r if you find a place to download it (not saying torrent if there are ppl who want to accuse me of promoting piracy) and the dreamcast will be able to read the disks

I don't understand your logic.

Downloading a game without a torrent ... not piracy

Downloading a game by means of torrent ... piracy

:confused:

Tokyo Extreme racing... kinda rare (or at least was when i bought it)... very fun racing game if your into those.

I wish my dreamcast wasnt stolen :*( (was in my car that got broken into at college)

Man I still have my games and console! I just checked and I still have my VGA adapter. Lucky!

Your Dad gave you the greatest gift of all!

Long Live the Dreamcast!

Grandia 2, Shemue, Skies of Arcadia, Soul Calibur, Jet Grind Radioooooooooo!

kuyaglen, I had ALL those games! Then I sold them! I ended up buying a second Dreamcast. Till this day I regret that I sold my first one (and a Ps1) to buy a Ps2. :(

See if your city has a Play n Trade. We have a few really nice PnT's in GA that I stock up on vintage games at. All of them tend to specialize more in classic gaming than the newer stuff. They're not corporate dickholes like Gamestop (though they are franchised, ymmv at some stores).

Pick up MDK2 and Space Channel 5 (stfu she's hot) and Shenmue and get a few 3rd party memory cards. Those VMU's are cool but the amount of space they offer is pathetic.

I haven't personally ordered from them but this site's been around a long time for various items like this VGA adapter box for the Dreamcast: http://www.racketboy.com/store/sega-dreamcast/dreamcast-vga-cable-box.html . I'd look into them... and now you have me wanting to grab my Dreamcast and hook it up again :).

Thanks for the link GT I put in an order for this one ...
http://www.racketboy.com/store/sega-dreamcast/dreamcast-vga-box-svideo-av.html
rca-s-video-vga

I've kept my DC around for one main reason, Ikaruga. It's also a educational tool if you put in Typing of the Dead :)

If you live around a Bull Moose music store, they sell old games. Even have some for the 2600.

I got most of my stuff for dreamcast off of Ebay. I ended up buying 3 different systems to get the games and attachments, controllers...etc

Last edited:
I let some neighbors borrow my Dreamcast back in high school. I ended up moving an completely forgetting about it. I regret that decision now :(. Easily my favorite console of all time. Sonic Adventure, Skies of Arcadia, Grandia 2, Shenmue 1+2, JGR + JGR:future, Soul Calibur, MVC2, NFL2k, Phantasy Star Online etc........Damn you Sony for killing off this console!

The VMUs were the greatest invention for football games ever. The plays could be displayed on the little LCD screen, so your friend wouldn't always know the exact play you were going to run. Shame they don't have something similar now days.

Bleem! was also amazing. It let you play a few PS1 games on your Dreamcast. I played the HELL out of Gran Tourismo 2 on DC, and since the DC was much more powerful than the PS1 the game actually looked better and ran smoother than it did on its native console.

Bleem! was also for PCs. I think it only ran on operating systems earlier than Windows 2000, though. I'd like to get a good PS1 emulator and fire up GT2 sometime. Great game.

Back