Got a 7934 score in 3DMark03 with 6800 GT, this good for a GT or bad?

Maulenstein

Weaksauce
Well, I've finally built my computer, I installed the drivers for the CPU, motherboard, Videocard (newest drivers) and soundcard. I stuck all my games on the computer, defragged, and then decided to 3DMark03 it.

So I got a 7932.

Which is odd, good score (compared to the 3200 my older computer got) but weren't there some people bragging about how their GTs can get into the 10ks? 20ks? Or are those with different benchmark progs?

The new computer isn't connected on the net, so Windows didn't update itself or anything.

Thanks.

Maulenstein said:
Well, I've finally built my computer, I installed the drivers for the CPU, motherboard, Videocard (newest drivers) and soundcard. I stuck all my games on the computer, defragged, and then decided to 3DMark03 it.

So I got a 7932.

Which is odd, good score (compared to the 3200 my older computer got) but weren't there some people bragging about how their GTs can get into the 10ks? 20ks? Or are those with different benchmark progs?

The new computer isn't connected on the net, so Windows didn't update itself or anything.

Thanks.

you should be getting 11000 or better..

seems many people cant install a 6800 right these days or they are getting junky..

Then what could be the problem? If you install it wrong, shouldn't it just fuck up and be unplayable until you fix it?

Could it be the PSU? I had it on a strip with other things connected to it, should it just get it's own single power spot?

Maulenstein said:
Then what could be the problem? If you install it wrong, shouldn't it just fuck up and be unplayable until you fix it?

check your settings i control panel.....what cpu/mobo you got and ram?

Mobo is a MSI Platium Neo K8N whatever.

Ram is Cosair Twin Stick 1 Gig twin stick series.

And uh, could it be the PSU? I had it on a strip with other things connected to it, should it just get it's own single power spot?

No, nVidia cards pop up all kinds of error messages when they aren't getting enough power.

You sure you installed the right mobo drivers? What brand is your mobo, and what drivers did you use?

Also, what SP of WinXP are you on, and what Forceware drivers did you use?

You should be getting much, much higher scores than that. Hell, the system in my sig is within striking distance of your scores, and that's on a GeForceFX 5900XT!!! The most low-budget of the nv3xs cores shouldn't be anywhere near the second-tier nv40 - and, indeed, it's not. Something is messed up with your system big time.

I originally got about 8000 as well. Since my gaming benchs seemed to be spot on though I never paid it a second thought. I don't much care for synthetics.

Back