Google's Project Loon Requests California Volunteers

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Google is searching for a few good Californians to help in their Project Loon Internet test project. We told you awhile back that testing was ongoing and now the Google folk are stepping up testing to actual everyday users in the field.

The balloons, according to Google, are meant to help people connect to the Web by connecting with specialized antennas which then communicate with a ground station hooked up to a local Internet service provider.

Does it explain which orifices are required in this privacy rape?

I thought they where looking for Loon's in California, and that they wouldn't have any problem finding plenty od volunteers :)

I thought they where looking for Loon's in California, and that they wouldn't have any problem finding plenty od volunteers :)

There are very few loons here in the Central Valley where Google is doing their testing as most of the loons are concentrated in the bay area and LaLa land. :D

I'd play along, but the testing area is about 100 miles north from where I live.

I'd play along, but the testing area is about 100 miles north from where I live.

Yeah, imagine my surprise that one of the areas is about 30 miles south of me and one is about 40 miles east... I have a friend in Turlock who is interested, though, so hopefully she'll get selected and I can go run some speed tests on it for the [H]orde!

I live in ceres california (about 5-10 miles north of turlock) and just saw this. too late :(

Back