Google’s AMob Purchase Opposed by FTC Staff

Rofl-Mic-Lofl

For Whom The Bell Trolls
The United State’s Federal Trade Commission staff is said to be urging the five-member commission to file an antitrust suit challenging Google’s $750 million acquisition of AdMob.
“The concern is that Mountain View, California-based Google, owner of the world’s most popular web search engine, would reduce competition in the market for advertising on mobile phones. AdMob, based in San Mateo, California, sells ads that appear on web pages and applications on mobile phones.”

Android users defending ads on their phones while raging on Apple in 3.. 2.. 1..

Android users defending ads on their phones while raging on Apple in 3.. 2.. 1..

I think Google should just develop their own ad network and integrate it right into the OS ala iAd for developers to choose to use or not. They already have a lot more of an ad backend than Apple does, so it should be even easier for them to extend that into their phone OS than it was for Apple. I would think that would even be cheaper than 750 million.

Apple will be suing Google over the concept of using ads on mobile phones in 3... 2... 1... :p

I think Google should just develop their own ad network and integrate it right into the OS ala iAd for developers to choose to use or not. They already have a lot more of an ad backend than Apple does, so it should be even easier for them to extend that into their phone OS than it was for Apple. I would think that would even be cheaper than 750 million.

Oh yeah, I don't really care about ads. I'm just finding it so amusing that Google has the highest ad revenue in the world with ads plaster everywhere, even on your aunt's cat, and in that other thread you find people raging on Apple's implementation.

Am I missing something here? lol

Agreed. AdMob only makes sense to Google for its research, what works and what hasn't. It would take Google time to build this knowledge. I don't think the value of this is 750 million, especially if they offer package introductory deals to their existing clientele.

Back