Google Chrome 71 to Block More Intrusive Advertising

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Google Chrome already blocks some bad advertising, but starting in December, Chrome 71 will start removing persistent abusive advertising experiences from a small number of sites. These are ads that intentionally deceive and force users to take actions that may redirect pages.

As a result, today we are announcing expanded efforts to better protect users against these abusive experiences. Starting in December 2018, Chrome 71 will remove all ads on the small number of sites with persistent abusive experiences. Site owners can use the Abusive Experiences Report in their Google Search Console to see if their site contains any of these abusive experiences that need to be corrected or removed. Site owners will have a 30 day window to fix experiences flagged by the Report before Chrome removes ads.

I would just be happy if Chrome went back to being super fast and didn't suck up astonishing amounts of memory. Went back to Firefox myself.

It's time for someone to create a new browser 'cause ALL of the current ones suck ass, plain and simple, no matter which one you attempt to make use of. Chrome is turning into this monstrosity of bullshit that I know I couldn't tolerate if I used it. I still have Firefox ESR 52.9.0 and that's my last best hope. Every other browser I've tested in the past few months just blows, they really do.

It's sad to see this happening, one would think there could be some creative coders out there but then again, browsers are basically free so there's no motivation to create something that complex with extremely high performance. I had high hopes for Brave but even after what, 2 years of development, it's shit, and it looks to be shit forever.

Can't stand what Opera became long ago, and Vivaldi, nope, not happening either.

Kinda sucks that there really isn't a good solid very fast extensible and heavily configurable browser anymore. Mozilla, you fucking owned it with Firefox and you pooched it, hard, sadly. :(

Google, fundementally an internet advertising company, isn't doing anything anti-competitive at all.

Rather see all these annoying modal popups that are essentially ads get blocked.

i use an ad blocker. on by default. that i "opt-in" for ads on sites that i regularly visit, like here.

once in a while i have to open a browser one someone elses computer.. and OMFG.. the ads.. and start pages people have to endure upon browser open is SHOCKING to me..

Back