Google Blocks Facebook Gmail Contacts

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Thursday night Google flipped the switch on Facebook’s access to Gmail contacts, citing a lack of access reciprocation by Facebook. It could be as simple as Google protecting its own interests. Rumors have Google rolling out its own social networking service, aptly named Google Me.

Many other sites allow users to import and export their information, including contacts, quickly and easily. But sites that do not, such as Facebook, leave users in a data dead end,” Google said in a statement. “[W]e will no longer allow websites to automate the import of users’ Google Contacts (via our API) unless they allow similar export to other sites.”

I am ready for facebook to die and I am ready for zuckerburg to get punched in the face.

I really like that kid that played him in the movie, but I am pretty sure I want to punch him too.

If Google rolls out this Google Me thing, I'll happily annihilate my Facebook account (can you delete them yet? If not I'll just delete everything related to me) and sign up in a heartbeat.

I'm sick of facebook :|

If Google rolls out this Google Me thing, I'll happily annihilate my Facebook account (can you delete them yet? If not I'll just delete everything related to me) and sign up in a heartbeat.

Because Google has certainly been a bastion of privacy rights and not selling information to advertisers, unlike Facebook.

oh wait

Borrowing from Peter to pay Paul. The problem is NOT Facebook, it's the pox of social networking narcissism.

So it's gonna be called Google Me now? Are they killing off Buzz or whatever was supposed to be their facebook killer?

didnt google have orkut like a billion internet years ago?

Its kinda creepy to think about google really getting into the social networking scene (besides buzz). They already control most of our email accts, know where we live, have control of our cell phones, know what we search for,kno what we buy (google checkout) and will now know what we are doing and who our friends are. Creepy
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Its kinda creepy to think about google really getting into the social networking scene (besides buzz). They already control most of our email accts, know where we live, have control of our cell phones, know what we search for,kno what we buy (google checkout) and will now know what we are doing and who our friends are. Creepy

You got problems if you actually use all of those services...

I have problems if I use gmail for my email, google maps to get to a destination, and an android phone? Hmmm seems like pretty common stuff in my opinion.

Can we just block all the social networking sites from the internet? I think they should name it facepalm. I surely don't mind them blocking it.

Back