Goodbye 6870, hello...

FearTheCow

Supreme [H]ardness
7870 or 7950 when you are finally released.... it has been a good run but I have the bug to upgrade. You have been O/C'd and provided me with hundreds of hours of trouble free gaming.

So I decided to practice my "satisfied with AMD" and "upgrading to newer card" thread skills at the same time, is it a good one?

7870 or 7950 when you are finally released.... it has been a good run but I have the bug to upgrade. You have been O/C'd and provided me with hundreds of hours of trouble free gaming.

So I decided to practice my "satisfied with AMD" and "upgrading to newer card" thread skills at the same time, is it a good one?

I'm in the same boat as you but I'm crossfire currently. Had a 6970 lightning that went bad after a month so i decided to go cheap for a little while and wait for 7xxx series.

A bit early to be saying goodbye considering you probably won't be able to buy HD7870s for another 4 months at least...

Yeah, I just upgraded my 5670 to a GTX 460 for the interim until the 7870/7950 are released. Hopefully they put the power connector on the back of the card and not the side or they won't work in my case :(

I'm really thinking the 7870 is going to be the sweet spot for the next gen for most single-monitor folk.

I love folks starting to talk about what may as well be imaginary or non-existant products as though they are already available and fully known quantities.

We've seen all to well this week where that kind of talk can get you.

As Mugatu said "Am I the only one not on crazy pills??"

I love folks starting to talk about what may as well be imaginary or non-existant products as though they are already available and fully known quantities.

We've seen all to well this week where that kind of talk can get you.

As Mugatu said "Am I the only one not on crazy pills??"

462405d4deb1137907fc733fee0ebf94013ba164_full.jpg

Back