Good/safe clock for Radeon 9500 Pro

M0rph3us

2[H]4U
Ok I have an Xtasy Rdeon 9500 Pro and i want to overclock it and was wodering what a good/safe speed to start from would be the stock for it in powerstrip is 277/270 core/mem any suggestions?

Thanks
M0rph

Those suckers usually go pretty high, at least I put one in a system for a client and got a generous overclock out of it. I believe 9500 Pros are locked for OC, but there are several ways to get around that. You can use ATI Tool to help find your max core/mem clocks.

My 9500 np's clock can go pretty high, but the ram won't budge much at all.
Stock: 275/275
OCed: 360/290

Edit: ran atitool, now I've set my core speed to 390MHz. Nice.

I have my Sapphire 9500 pro set at 390/291 for artifact free gaming but i've benched artifact free over 400 for my core. Oh and i have a giant 2 with a 92mm fan strapped on the bottom. :p

ok so i have powerstrip and everything but i can only go to 371/351 can anyone help me with this if i get powerstrip pro will it go higher?

You can use another tool, I personally use RivaTuner although RadLinker/Clocker and Rage3D Tweak work fine as well...and ATI Tool and ATI Tray Tools might help. Powerstrip used to be my buddy but I got sick of it and didn't want to reg it. :D

M0rph3us said:
ok so i have powerstrip and everything but i can only go to 371/351 can anyone help me with this if i get powerstrip pro will it go higher?

Wow, that is actually a really good OC for that card, i would be happy with that

Hmm.. that is a very high-OC.

I've got mine up to 360/305.

If I put my memory higher than 325 it starts to artifact.

Back