good ram diagnostic program

mdlsFREAK

Limp Gawd
ok guys..time to expand my limmited knowlege to that of ram and mobos!

anyone know any good ram dianostic programs?

Make sure you get memtest86, and not "memtest", memtest failed to find errors in faulty ram even after 6 hours of cycling.

tommo said:
Make sure you get memtest86, and not "memtest", memtest failed to find errors in faulty ram even after 6 hours of cycling.

hmm didnt know it was differnet, i dont even know what i have. havent had the need to use it.

memtest = windows
memtest86 = dos

use the latter for initial testing, then the former to make sure your memory controller is cool with it

I'm bad, I usually just go game for a couple hours after memtest86 & prime say everything's good...;)

i used to do that until i noticed some random crashing when prime and memtest86 checked out.. ran superPI and it gave a rounding error.. turned out to be the ram :confused:

(cf)Eclipse said:
i used to do that until i noticed some random crashing when prime and memtest86 checked out.. ran superPI and it gave a rounding error.. turned out to be the ram :confused:

The first time I saw a rounding error in superPi I thought my processor was bad at math.. :p

tommo said:
You fellas have lost me there. :p

The first prototypes of the dual core completed calculations twice since they didnt talk to eachother quite correctly. They would, basically, add 2 and 2 twice. So, 2+2 = 2+2+2+2. 8. Yep.

Back